Don't start until January, what should I do until then? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Don't start until January, what should I do until then?

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:32 pm

Our start date is not until January. We have received a salary advance, but with bills and student loan payments I could use a couple extra bucks. Any suggestions? I have no idea what's out there that would be willing to take someone on who is going to be leaving in 4-5 months, other than maybe doc review.

justicefishy

Bronze

Re: Don't start until January, what should I do until then?

Post by justicefishy » Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:02 pm

Short term LSAT tutor maybe?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:10 pm

Wait tables or work for a professor. Or both. My friend did both. You could actually do some fun part-time work that you won't ever be able to do again once your career starts. As long as you can do so financially, it might be cool to do some unconventional stuff to build character. Hey, at the very least, you'll collect some interesting stories for happy time, right?

TheThriller

Gold

Post by TheThriller » Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:34 pm

head out to CO and be a raft guide for a few months, work rolling parachutes for sky divers (a friend did this and was paid room + all the free jumps he wanted, started not knowing how to jump and by the end of it was solo jumping no problem).

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”