Screeners in Secondary Market: How Much Warning?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Screeners in Secondary Market: How Much Warning?

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:42 pm

In early July, I emailed half a dozen firms in a secondary market that won't be at my school's OCI, telling them I would be in town from Wednesday to Friday next week. So far, none of them have got back to me. Can I safely make other plans for that time now, or is there a chance they might still contact me? There's something else I'd love to do with that time, but I'd love interviews even more.

I have good grades at an upper t14, but weak ties to the market, if that's any help.

Anonymous User

Re: Screeners in Secondary Market: How Much Warning?

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:10 pm

Not sure if this helps... but I did the same thing for a secondary market, and I just got a call today to schedule an interview for Wednesday next week.

bk1

Re: Screeners in Secondary Market: How Much Warning?

Postby bk1 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:11 pm

You never know when they're going to contact you. They might contact you now or they might contact you never.

Make plans but be willing to cancel them.

Return to “Legal Employment”