When are OCI Callbacks

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

When are OCI Callbacks

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:04 pm

Is there a standard time frame for callback interviews? My OCI interviews run roughly from August 10-20, and I am trying to get an idea of around when I should expect to go in for a callback interview (knock on wood...). Here is why I ask- I set up an in-house interview with a Biglaw firm in Chicago, and the interview is in a few days. This is a full round of interviews, and I was informed that this is the typical "callback" interview phase. IF this firm makes me an offer, then I am wondering if they'll be wanting a response before I have a chance to do callback interviews from the firms I meet with at OCI.

All information is welcome and appreciated! Thanks!

hephaestus

Re: When are OCI Callbacks

Postby hephaestus » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:22 pm

If the big firm is a member of NALP (nearly all are), offers should be open for 28 days. Though firms don't always follow NALP guidelines.

koolsk8erboi

Postby koolsk8erboi » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:29 pm

ImNoScar wrote:If the big firm is a member of NALP (nearly all are), offers should be open for 28 days. Though firms don't always follow NALP guidelines.

But when are the callback interviews scheduled for? I've heard a lot of them are in October- any truth to that? Because if this first firm were to make me an offer a week after my interview and gave me 28 days to respond, then I would have to let them know before I have callbacks at other firms (assuming those other callbacks are in October).

Thanks!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:59 pm

My first callback interview occurred one day after OCI ended, and my last one occurred twenty days after OCI ended. Hope that helps.

Return to “Legal Employment”