3L- Should I broaden my experience ?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
floofernut

3L- Should I broaden my experience ?

Postby floofernut » Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:16 pm

3L here, Tier 1 school, just about at the median, secondary journal.

My heart is set on being a PD and all my internships have been in the crim law field. But now that graduation is approaching next year, I am worried about getting a job (duh). This school year I planned on doing more PD internships but am wondering if I should try to intern in a different field instead...I don't want to limit myself as I look for jobs and am open to pretty much working anywhere (civil, personal injury, family.) My concern is that I would have extensive criminal experience on my resume and employers in other fields would immediately throw my resume out because of this.

Any suggestions/advice? Being a PD is my dream but it seems like so many other people are taking that route and its becoming more and more competitive. I am just trying to prepare for the worst in case I am not able to find a job in the crim field.

Return to “Legal Employment”