Willkie Callback?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Willkie Callback?

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:03 pm

Anyone out there receive an invite to the firm for interviews? Got the CB a few days ago and scheduled it for this week.

Anonymous User

Re: Willkie Callback?

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:11 pm

Yes.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:24 pm

Yes.

Care to elaborate? Did you receive an offer? Was the firm as collegial as purported?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:25 pm

I'm not quite sure how we can PM each other and both be anon.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:28 pm

Did you receive a confirmation email with time/date?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:25 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone out there receive an invite to the firm for interviews? Got the CB a few days ago and scheduled it for this week.

Yes, about a week ago. Haven't finalized plans yet.

Pokemon

Postby Pokemon » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:23 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone out there receive an invite to the firm for interviews? Got the CB a few days ago and scheduled it for this week.

Yes, about a week ago. Haven't finalized plans yet.

General advice. Associate positions are somewhat, not exactly, but somewhat rolling. So never, never delay callback interview. Sure you guys sound like you are early, but this is general advice. There is absolutely nothing more important this month and this semester than getting a jerb.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:27 pm

Have you applied here or work here? Any other general info?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:37 am

How did you guys manage to schedule this?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:43 am

OP here. The firm's travel agency will e-mail you and set up departure, accommodations, etc. Scheduled it for about 10 days from the day of the CB phone call.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:01 pm

Anonymous User wrote:OP here. The firm's travel agency will e-mail you and set up departure, accommodations, etc. Scheduled it for about 10 days from the day of the CB phone call.

Right, but how did you even get a callback pre-oci?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:58 pm

Mass mail. So in a sense, it's not a CB because it is my first interview with them. But in another, it has all the trappings of a CB--reimbursed travel expenses and one-night stay, hours of interviews at the firm with associates and partners, etc.

I think it's fair to call it a CB, since it is the final and only interview preceding offer determinations.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:03 pm

Anonymous User wrote:

Mass mail. So in a sense, it's not a CB because it is my first interview with them. But in another, it has all the trappings of a CB--reimbursed travel expenses and one-night stay, hours of interviews at the firm with associates and partners, etc.

I think it's fair to call it a CB, since it is the final and only interview preceding offer determinations.

Did they specifically let you know they wanted you to come in for a series of interviews (callback style) when they first responded to your mass mail? I also mass mailed and received a response from Willkie asking if I planned on being in New York anytime soon and would like to come in for an interview. I assumed this was a preliminary screener interview and haven't scheduled anything yet.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:24 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Did they specifically let you know they wanted you to come in for a series of interviews (callback style) when they first responded to your mass mail? I also mass mailed and received a response from Willkie asking if I planned on being in New York anytime soon and would like to come in for an interview. I assumed this was a preliminary screener interview and haven't scheduled anything yet.

Different anon, but that sounds different from my experience. I'd schedule the screener and ask for details while you do so.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:37 pm

OP here. Sounds like yours is a screener, especially if your correspondence was via e-mail. I had a similar thing happen at Nixon Peabody (i.e., "let us know when you're in New York and we'll invite you in").

When I got the call from Willkie, they were clear that they wanted me to come to New York in the next two weeks for a series of interviews. They're paying airfare and accommodations. They made it pretty damn clear this was going to be my shot to land an offer.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:28 pm

Awesome, that's what I was thinking as well. Good luck at your call back!!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:59 am

This makes it look like it's just a screener. Thoughts?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:33 am

Good luck to all, whether interviewing via screener or CB!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:18 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Good luck to all, whether interviewing via screener or CB!

Thanks! GL everyone. Seems like an awesome firm.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:24 pm

It's a great firm. If you're all about a friendly and fun firm culture, it's definitely where you want to be. Good luck!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:20 am

Any news??

Has anyone done a callback yet?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:17 am

Willkie has made a couple of offers so far to some people who went in before their school's OCI. It usually takes about a week to hear back after your callback because the hiring committee needs to meet before making offers.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:24 am

Anonymous User wrote:Willkie has made a couple of offers so far to some people who went in before their school's OCI. It usually takes about a week to hear back after your callback because the hiring committee needs to meet before making offers.

It was my understanding that they make offers on the spot? Is it only to particular candidates?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:31 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Willkie has made a couple of offers so far to some people who went in before their school's OCI. It usually takes about a week to hear back after your callback because the hiring committee needs to meet before making offers.

It was my understanding that they make offers on the spot? Is it only to particular candidates?

Yes. I summered there this past summer and, as far as I know, I was the only person who received an offer that way (I'm still not sure why, it may have had something to do with the fact that I was able to schedule my CB before the recruiting season was in full swing and I was lucky enough to hit it off with all of my interviewers). The amount of time they took to make other people offers varies, but I spoke with my recruiter and she said that it takes about week, although they may shorten the amount of time it takes not that recruiting season has officially started.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:45 am

Anonymous User wrote:Yes. I summered there this past summer and, as far as I know, I was the only person who received an offer that way (I'm still not sure why, it may have had something to do with the fact that I was able to schedule my CB before the recruiting season was in full swing and I was lucky enough to hit it off with all of my interviewers). The amount of time they took to make other people offers varies, but I spoke with my recruiter and she said that it takes about week, although they may shorten the amount of time it takes not that recruiting season has officially started.

Can you tell us a bit about your experience? How'd you like the rotation system? Are the people really that great? Is it weird being in the same office as an associate? Do you feel like the Willkie name will give strong exit-options? Are you happy with your position? Are they really strong in areas outside of general lit/corporate (not just middle market work)?

Return to “Legal Employment”