3L OCI Thread

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: 3L OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:05 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Is it ever a good idea to call the firm if they continue to ignore follow up emails? I've sent two already; I'm thinking a call is warranted if I don't hear anything in another week or two?

It's usually not a good idea to call but if you applied in August and haven't heard back yet...I don't think it can hurt. I'm in the same boat and I think the silence 99.9% means ding.

True. I'm just confused as to why they just don't respond with a ding email? Clearly they saw the email and ignored it...

Yeah, I know what you mean. I think it's because they find us unworthy of any such consideration. Seriously, 3Ls are begging trash to these law firms.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:12 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anything from Kirkland? Have they even given CBs?

Cb.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:09 pm

Anonymous User wrote:

Cb.

Recent - Last couple weeks? I learned I have a connection to the HP so am thinking of pursuing it.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:43 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone hear from Cadwalader Charlotte?

They're still conducting first-round interviews. They didn't come on to my campus, but I have a preliminary phone interview with them next Monday.

Any more movement from Cadwalader?

Any Charlotte Cadwalader folks out there? Thanks.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:05 pm

Curious about CWT as well. Had a screener and have not heard anything back. You?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:17 pm

anyone hear from CWT NY office?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:47 pm

Anonymous User wrote:

Cb.

Kirkland's done.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:59 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I haven't heard a single thing from DPW since I submitted my resume in mid-August. I even sent a follow-up email.

Does this mean I'm dinged?

DPW and Skadden both did this to me.

Haha us 3Ls get treated like such shit.

I had the best interview of my life with Latham but got dinged because I didn't have an SA.

I hope you don't mind me asking, but which office dinged you?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:03 pm

Anonymous User wrote:

Houston

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:05 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Houston

Thank you. I interviewed there also, but have not heard back. I wonder if I am on hold or if my ding got lost in the mail...

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:10 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone hear from Cadwalader Charlotte?

They're still conducting first-round interviews. They didn't come on to my campus, but I have a preliminary phone interview with them next Monday.

Any more movement from Cadwalader?

Any Charlotte Cadwalader folks out there? Thanks.

I had a preliminary phone interview with them like 2 weeks ago, assumed I was dinged because I hadn't heard anything (they'd said they'd tell me by the end of that week, and not hearing, I assumed a ding) and the interview did not go well (I thought), but got a phone call from them this afternoon and have a callback next week. Came out of the blue, I was not expecting it. Pretty excited.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:44 pm

They're still conducting first-round interviews. They didn't come on to my campus, but I have a preliminary phone interview with them next Monday.[/quote]

Any more movement from Cadwalader?[/quote]

Any Charlotte Cadwalader folks out there? Thanks.[/quote]

I had a preliminary phone interview with them like 2 weeks ago, assumed I was dinged because I hadn't heard anything (they'd said they'd tell me by the end of that week, and not hearing, I assumed a ding) and the interview did not go well (I thought), but got a phone call from them this afternoon and have a callback next week. Came out of the blue, I was not expecting it. Pretty excited.[/quote]

Stats?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:59 am

Anonymous User wrote:They're still conducting first-round interviews. They didn't come on to my campus, but I have a preliminary phone interview with them next Monday.

Any more movement from Cadwalader?[/quote]

Any Charlotte Cadwalader folks out there? Thanks.[/quote]

I had a preliminary phone interview with them like 2 weeks ago, assumed I was dinged because I hadn't heard anything (they'd said they'd tell me by the end of that week, and not hearing, I assumed a ding) and the interview did not go well (I thought), but got a phone call from them this afternoon and have a callback next week. Came out of the blue, I was not expecting it. Pretty excited.[/quote]

Stats?[/quote]

Top 15% at a top 20 school, with ties to Charlotte. Doesn't matter now. The recruiting coordinator called me back 4 hours after setting up the CB, and said that their needs had changed in that time (the 4 hours) and they were no longer hiring a new associate in that group. Not the biggest gut-punch I've had, but damn close.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:34 am

Sorry to hear that. That really sucks.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:13 pm

Sorry to hear it as well. One of their summers must have held out and then accepted an offer.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:14 pm

Do you have another offer?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:07 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Do you have another offer?

Ugh, no, not yet. I'm pretty sure I have the distinct honor of being the highest ranked person at my school without an offer, so that's fun. I have a couple things I have in the works, which, with my luck will not turn out, but nothing near the pay level/prestige of CWT. The firm I clerked at last summer doesn't typically offer but 1 or 2 clerks a year (out of 6), if that, and they don't make those offers until the spring.

The real victim here are all the recruiting coordinators who, according to many letters I have received, have had to make the "tough decision" to ding me, what with my "impressive credentials" and all.

Long story short, I want to drink.
Last edited by Anonymous User on Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

anon919

Postby anon919 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:21 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Do you have another offer?

Ugh, no, not yet. I'm pretty sure I have the distinct honor of being the highest ranked person at my school without an offer, so that's fun. I have a couple things I have in the works, which, with my luck will not turn out, but nothing near the pay level/prestige of CWT. The firm I clerked at last summer doesn't typically offer but 1 or 2 clerks a year (out of 6), if that, and they don't make those offers until the spring.

Long story short, I want to drink.

Sorry to hear that. Hang in there.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:36 pm

Apply to BK and Tax court clerkships - you will definitely make headway with your stats. Several people from my 2L firm clerked for bankruptcy judges for a year or two before coming over.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:40 pm

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:50 pm

Is anyone still waiting to hear back from HP? Did a CB awhile ago. Heard someone got an offer and someone got a rejection, but I haven't heard a thing. Should I assume rejection at this pt? Thanks.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:00 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Is anyone still waiting to hear back from HP? Did a CB awhile ago. Heard someone got an offer and someone got a rejection, but I haven't heard a thing. Should I assume rejection at this pt? Thanks.

I think it's very likely you are on the waitlist.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:02 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Is anyone still waiting to hear back from HP? Did a CB awhile ago. Heard someone got an offer and someone got a rejection, but I haven't heard a thing. Should I assume rejection at this pt? Thanks.

I think it's very likely you are on the waitlist.

Thanks. Did you interview with them, or is this a guess? My assumption is that I am either on the WL, or that not every practice group has made decisions yet (HP has 3 practice groups that supposedly make decisions independently).

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:43 pm

The lack of response from DPW and Skadden is comical at this point.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:49 pm

Anonymous User wrote:The lack of response from DPW and Skadden is comical at this point.

Talk to the SAs who haven't accepted their offers...

Return to “Legal Employment”