3L OCI Thread

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: 3L OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:21 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I received a callback from HP.

Hewlett Packard? I was told they had finished interviewing.

Yes, Hewlett Packard. Apparently, they have not completed interviewing. Did you hear this from the recruiter or second-hand?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:23 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I received a callback from HP.

Hewlett Packard? I was told they had finished interviewing.

Yes, Hewlett Packard. Apparently, they have not completed interviewing. Did you hear this from the recruiter or second-hand?

The recruiter. Congrats.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:43 pm

Has anybody heard anything from STB?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:53 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Has anybody heard anything from STB?

You mean CB or offer? Nothing here... applied over a month ago...

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:13 pm

Emailed recruiters about 3L oci interviews I had weeks ago and have been ignored...hah.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:38 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Have people been hearing back (positive or negative) from resume drops
Couple dings, nothing positive.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:59 pm

For Hewlett Packard, has anyone gotten a ding back? I did a screener forever ago and haven't heard anything. I see that someone got a CB last Friday, any other activity that you guys know of?

Thanks!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:00 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Have people been hearing back (positive or negative) from resume drops

Silence.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:09 pm

Are your symplicity postings as sparse as they are at my school? I see almost no postings, and the ones I do are in different regions where I have no ties (out of country or random middle America).

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:22 pm

Anonymous User wrote:For Hewlett Packard, has anyone gotten a ding back? I did a screener forever ago and haven't heard anything. I see that someone got a CB last Friday, any other activity that you guys know of?

Thanks!
HP email ding a couple days ago.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:24 pm

Are you guys mostly trying to trade up or no? If so, what kinds of firms were you at last summer?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:33 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Are you guys mostly trying to trade up or no? If so, what kinds of firms were you at last summer?

Are you trading up? What type of firm were you at?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:50 pm

First anon - not sure why the question was answered with another question, but yes I'm technically trying to trade up; however, the move is really for practice group reasons. NLJ250 firm.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:51 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Are you guys mostly trying to trade up or no? If so, what kinds of firms were you at last summer?

I was until i got no offered for economic reasons (v100)...then it became an issue of trying to find a job again.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:13 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Are your symplicity postings as sparse as they are at my school? I see almost no postings, and the ones I do are in different regions where I have no ties (out of country or random middle America).

Incredibly sparse at my T-14. Very, very disheartening. Today, I also got two resume collect rejections literally 3 days after I applied. One of them I understood because I had no background in their practice area, but the other one felt weird that they could tell so soon that they did not want me.

Do you mind sharing which firms are looking out of country and where. I am particularly interested in Europe where I have ties.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:22 pm

I was a V20 SA, got a V5 offer recently. Firms I know of that are/were looking for 3Ls at one point: Skadden, DPW, Latham, Boies, PW. Honestly, resume collect isn't the best way. Just go to NALP and email the recruiting coordinators directly. I think having a well-written cover letter is pretty important since it's the only chance you'll have to communicate anything about yourself. I would just mass mail the crap out of whatever range of firms/market you are trying to break into, but do it now because recruiting has been going on for a month and a half now.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:26 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Are your symplicity postings as sparse as they are at my school? I see almost no postings, and the ones I do are in different regions where I have no ties (out of country or random middle America).

Incredibly sparse at my T-14. Very, very disheartening. Today, I also got two resume collect rejections literally 3 days after I applied. One of them I understood because I had no background in their practice area, but the other one felt weird that they could tell so soon that they did not want me.

Do you mind sharing which firms are looking out of country and where. I am particularly interested in Europe where I have ties.

Not at all. Not sure how helpful this is but there are postings for Davis Polk in Sao Paulo (corporate); Madrid (corporate); Hong Kong (corporate) and Latham in Riyadh (transactional).

It's shocking how few postings there are for 3L's at the moment...

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:31 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I was a V20 SA, got a V5 offer recently. Firms I know of that are/were looking for 3Ls at one point: Skadden, DPW, Latham, Boies, PW. Honestly, resume collect isn't the best way. Just go to NALP and email the recruiting coordinators directly. I think having a well-written cover letter is pretty important since it's the only chance you'll have to communicate anything about yourself. I would just mass mail the crap out of whatever range of firms/market you are trying to break into, but do it now because recruiting has been going on for a month and a half now.

Do you mind sharing which practice group you received an offer from?

chrisbru

Postby chrisbru » Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:02 pm

Just trying to find a jerb at all. My smallish firm from last summer isn't looking to hire any more attorneys at the moment. They may decide in January (or March, or July) that they want me, but I don't want to bank on that obviously.

sparty99

Postby sparty99 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:28 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Not at all. Not sure how helpful this is but there are postings for Davis Polk in Sao Paulo (corporate); Madrid (corporate); Hong Kong (corporate) and Latham in Riyadh (transactional).

It's shocking how few postings there are for 3L's at the moment...

Can you private message me?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:45 pm

What are the language requirements of those DPW postings? My t14 has the Latham - Riyadh posting, which requires arabic.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:46 pm

Anonymous User wrote:

Sorry to hear that. Are these V10 firms by any chance....

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:52 pm

A ding is almost better than being ignored and not hearing back for weeks and weeks...

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:28 pm

Went from V50, accepted at a V10, but it was more about a particular culture/fit I was looking for.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:34 pm

Anonymous User wrote:

Went from V50, accepted at a V10, but it was more about a particular culture/fit I was looking for.

I may actually be trading down (according to vault at least) for the same reasons.

Return to “Legal Employment”