3L OCI Thread

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:58 pm

I did a resume drop at OCI (no screener) and got a 3L interview request at the firm's office in New York a few weeks later. Not that it probably matters towards whether I do the interview or not (more towards my budget), but it will require a fair amount of travel to get back to the city and I would have to find some place to stay. Does anyone know if firms or students generally pay expenses for these types of interviews?

User avatar
unc0mm0n1
Posts: 1714
Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:06 pm

Re: 3L OCI Thread

Postby unc0mm0n1 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:59 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I did a resume drop at OCI (no screener) and got a 3L interview request at the firm's office in New York a few weeks later. Not that it probably matters towards whether I do the interview or not (more towards my budget), but it will require a fair amount of travel to get back to the city and I would have to find some place to stay. Does anyone know if firms or students generally pay expenses for these types of interviews?


Callbacks usually the firm, initial interview normally the student.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:07 pm

unc0mm0n1 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I did a resume drop at OCI (no screener) and got a 3L interview request at the firm's office in New York a few weeks later. Not that it probably matters towards whether I do the interview or not (more towards my budget), but it will require a fair amount of travel to get back to the city and I would have to find some place to stay. Does anyone know if firms or students generally pay expenses for these types of interviews?


Callbacks usually the firm, initial interview normally the student.


I get that in general. The issue is that I haven't had an initial interview and I am invited to the office. Does this count as a screener or a callback? Are they going to invite me in and then make me come back again if they like me? Sorry - I haven't interviewed outside OCI before and I don't know how it works.

User avatar
unc0mm0n1
Posts: 1714
Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:06 pm

Re: 3L OCI Thread

Postby unc0mm0n1 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:47 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
unc0mm0n1 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I did a resume drop at OCI (no screener) and got a 3L interview request at the firm's office in New York a few weeks later. Not that it probably matters towards whether I do the interview or not (more towards my budget), but it will require a fair amount of travel to get back to the city and I would have to find some place to stay. Does anyone know if firms or students generally pay expenses for these types of interviews?


Callbacks usually the firm, initial interview normally the student.


I get that in general. The issue is that I haven't had an initial interview and I am invited to the office. Does this count as a screener or a callback? Are they going to invite me in and then make me come back again if they like me? Sorry - I haven't interviewed outside OCI before and I don't know how it works.


Only the firm can answer this. Did they give you a number to call to arrange travel? Did they ask if you would be in town and they'd like you to stop by. I think the best way to handle this is to contact the legal recruiter for the firm and ask them.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:53 pm

Cahill mass-mail rejection. No cb or screener. Not newsworthy, so wrote it to mostly point out how little I have heard from firms either way. It makes it a pain to continue mass mailing when you do not even hear something.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:18 am

Anonymous User wrote:Cahill mass-mail rejection. No cb or screener. Not newsworthy, so wrote it to mostly point out how little I have heard from firms either way. It makes it a pain to continue mass mailing when you do not even hear something.


Cahill rejection and not hearing anything! This is really disheartening but something will come up at some point ... (drinks kool-aid)

Anonymous User
Posts: 273139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:54 am

Anyone receive callbacks from Skadden NY or Bickel and Brewer?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:18 pm

Anybody with Chicago callbacks?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:07 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone hear from Latham :?:


I have a cb from Latham chi via mass mail.


Latham DC cb here.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:44 am

Anyone get a Latham or DPW rejection yet

Anonymous User
Posts: 273139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:28 pm

Is anyone doing a Boies or Paul Weiss callback? Hard to tell what my chances are since I have no idea how many 3L's they're looking for.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:52 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anybody with Chicago callbacks?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:00 pm

Anyone get call backs or dings from Cravath NY - Corporate?

Had a screener interview last week - but silence for now.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:20 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone get call backs or dings from Cravath NY - Corporate?

Had a screener interview last week - but silence for now.


I know someone that got a cb after interviewing on campus yesterday.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:23 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Is anyone doing a Boies or Paul Weiss callback? Hard to tell what my chances are since I have no idea how many 3L's they're looking for.


Also wondering about this... they did a 3L Simplicity Resume pick up thing at my school, but they are not interviewing 3Ls... good idea to stop by their suite or I can only make things worse by doing that??

Anonymous User
Posts: 273139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:59 pm

Email ding from Latham NY

Anonymous User
Posts: 273139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:00 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone get call backs or dings from Cravath NY - Corporate?

Had a screener interview last week - but silence for now.
Screener during OCI last week, ding a couple days later.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:05 pm

any latham cbs?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:30 pm

Anonymous User wrote:any latham cbs?


Which office?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:34 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:any latham cbs?


Which office?
Is that a yes? I'm not the OP, but I'm curious about Boston.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:40 pm

Anyone get anything from Debevoise? Mass mailed a while ago but silence so far.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:54 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Any news from Wiggin and Dana?

Just got an email ding from them--spoke to an alum partner over the summer and built a decent rapport-thought that would help but guess not.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:05 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone receive callbacks from Skadden NY or Bickel and Brewer?

No idea about Skadden, but the interviewer from Bickel & Brewer told me they were doing all of their screeners before starting callbacks. Hope endures.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:03 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone get call backs or dings from Cravath NY - Corporate?

Had a screener interview last week - but silence for now.


E-Mail Ding

Anonymous User
Posts: 273139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L OCI Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:07 am

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone get anything from Debevoise? Mass mailed a while ago but silence so far.


Interested as well.




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.