3L OCI Thread Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: 3L OCI Thread

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:31 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone see any new postings / availabilities? I did a bunch of 3L OCI screeners at my CCN but the vast majority were for corporate positions only, which isn't really my interest.

Separately, are there any reliable sources on CB --> offer ratio for 3L positions?
My school has a spreadsheet, but there doesn't seem to be any consistency year to year. With such small numbers, it would be difficult to figure anything out anyway.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:33 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Is it just me or is 3L hiring almost non-existent on the west coast. I thought things were supposed to pick up right about now.

It's not just you. I think it's picked up for Summer positions for 2L's, my school has 3x as many of those posted as last year, and exactly TWO firms doing OCI for fall attorney positions.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:47 am

Snail mail ding for Skadden's NY office. It had my name accurately in the address column, but a completely different name under the salutation. Good to see they put a lot of thought into "what a difficult decision" it was.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:12 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Snail mail ding for Skadden's NY office. It had my name accurately in the address column, but a completely different name under the salutation. Good to see they put a lot of thought into "what a difficult decision" it was.
Post-CB or post-screener?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:54 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Is it just me or is 3L hiring almost non-existent on the west coast. I thought things were supposed to pick up right about now.

It's not just you. I think it's picked up for Summer positions for 2L's, my school has 3x as many of those posted as last year, and exactly TWO firms doing OCI for fall attorney positions.
I have a CB on the west coast in a couple of days. it's my only west coast CB so far.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:05 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

I have a CB on the west coast in a couple of days. it's my only west coast CB so far.
Congratulations!

Mind sharing NorCal or SoCal? Also, was this through oci or a mailer?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:18 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Congratulations!

Mind sharing NorCal or SoCal? Also, was this through oci or a mailer?
SF. OCI.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:38 pm

Bump.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:30 am

Any 3LS get callbacks with Skadden NY or DPW NY at all...or dings for that matter...

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:31 am

Anonymous User wrote:Any 3LS get callbacks with Skadden NY or DPW NY at all...or dings for that matter...
Know some with CBs at both. All had SAs at Vault firms.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:10 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Any 3LS get callbacks with Skadden NY or DPW NY at all...or dings for that matter...
I was dinged by both. Had a screener at one of them.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:37 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Were the dings sent via snail mail?

Thanks.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:16 am

Anyone apply to Foley online? I applied yesterday for a couple different listed positions and have, so far this morning, received 8 automated messages per position. I appreciate that they're reviewing my credentials, but...when do the emails stop?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:33 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Thanks. When did they apply, or send out their information.....or were they screeners at OCI

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:14 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Were the dings sent via snail mail?

Thanks.
Nope, both were via email.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:09 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone apply to Foley online? I applied yesterday for a couple different listed positions and have, so far this morning, received 8 automated messages per position. I appreciate that they're reviewing my credentials, but...when do the emails stop?
I applied to 1 position and only received 1 confirmation email a month ago. Maybe that means you're doing better.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:18 pm

Anyone know anything about Bell Nunnally's practice/reputation? Also, their compensation/bonus structure seems weird. Have a screener with them.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:48 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone apply to Foley online? I applied yesterday for a couple different listed positions and have, so far this morning, received 8 automated messages per position. I appreciate that they're reviewing my credentials, but...when do the emails stop?
I applied to 1 position and only received 1 confirmation email a month ago. Maybe that means you're doing better.
Are they resume collecting or are they actually looking for people? They list basically every office but didn't do OCI AFAIK.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:01 pm

ding from Shipman Goodwin

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:39 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Are they resume collecting or are they actually looking for people? They list basically every office but didn't do OCI AFAIK.
I'm guessing they're just resume collecting.. but I haven't received a ding yet, and I applied about a month ago... who knows.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:59 am

Chicago CB, Sidley or Kirkland, my first mass mail CB. I also used a connection I met at the firm last year.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:30 am

Anonymous User wrote:Chicago CB, Sidley or Kirkland, my first mass mail CB. I also used a connection I met at the firm last year.
Which group?

EDIT: SA? I've been wrangling a strong connection at Kirkland but it's led to zilch.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:27 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Chicago CB, Sidley or Kirkland, my first mass mail CB. I also used a connection I met at the firm last year.
Which group?

EDIT: SA? I've been wrangling a strong connection at Kirkland but it's led to zilch.
Prefer not to say which group but it is transactional. I remained in contact with one of my interviewers (a partner) and he really liked me. I chose another firm this summer but want to get back to Chicago now.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:16 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Last post is mine. I recently received a DPW CB, no screener. This was about two weeks after I received a ding email. Weird.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:40 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Last post is mine. I recently received a DPW CB, no screener. This was about two weeks after I received a ding email. Weird.
Cool. Go get it. It seems a lot of us would love to be in your position. Was it a ding letter like sorry we have no opening or like sorry we have no openings for you.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”