How am I not qualified for a job? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
johnpierce14

New

How am I not qualified for a job?

Post by johnpierce14 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:01 am

I go to a top 25 law school shouldn't that put me ahead of most people? I talk to a lot of my friends in "marketing" and "consulting" and "sales" and "med school" and it doesn't really sound like they do anything and they make pretty good salaries. Are all of you guys fear mongering? Or is it genuinely real bad? I didn't make law review so I'm pretty bummed, but I still think I'm sort of smart. I got a 166 on my LSATs, I thought that was pretty good. What else? I don't know, I kinda like sports. Will you give me a job? I'll work 70 hours a week I don't really care. That doesn't seem so bad. I got a couple As in a couple of classes. So I can do it. I just didn't get As in all of them. Will that be a problem? Let me know guys. I still think I can contribute to the American workforce and solve a legal problem here and there. I'm pretty with it. Neither of my parents is a lawyer. They're teachers. They have a three bedroom house nothing special. How do I get this? I don't mind bar tending at night, but I can't make an old fashioned. Simple drinks only. Would that work? I'm a pretty happy guy but I don't believe in god or anything. I think happiness is just a state of mind. You? I think being a lawyer would be cool so I went to law school. I'll do like estate planning or personal injury or something. Legal services for regular folk. Am I employable?

Clearly

Gold

Re: How am I not qualified for a job?

Post by Clearly » Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:11 am

johnpierce14 wrote:I go to a top 25 law school shouldn't that put me ahead of most people? I talk to a lot of my friends in "marketing" and "consulting" and "sales" and "med school" and it doesn't really sound like they do anything and they make pretty good salaries. Are all of you guys fear mongering? Or is it genuinely real bad? I didn't make law review so I'm pretty bummed, but I still think I'm sort of smart. I got a 166 on my LSATs, I thought that was pretty good. What else? I don't know, I kinda like sports. Will you give me a job? I'll work 70 hours a week I don't really care. That doesn't seem so bad. I got a couple As in a couple of classes. So I can do it. I just didn't get As in all of them. Will that be a problem? Let me know guys. I still think I can contribute to the American workforce and solve a legal problem here and there. I'm pretty with it. Neither of my parents is a lawyer. They're teachers. They have a three bedroom house nothing special. How do I get this? I don't mind bar tending at night, but I can't make an old fashioned. Simple drinks only. Would that work? I'm a pretty happy guy but I don't believe in god or anything. I think happiness is just a state of mind. You? I think being a lawyer would be cool so I went to law school. I'll do like estate planning or personal injury or something. Legal services for regular folk. Am I employable?
Is this how you actually speak?

chup

Diamond

Re: How am I not qualified for a job?

Post by chup » Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:54 am

Return to “Legal Employment”