What exactly do you hardos and hungos mean by "network"

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
johnpierce14

What exactly do you hardos and hungos mean by "network"

Postby johnpierce14 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:22 am

What does this mean? Seriously. Do I go to down town bars where lawyer types hang and cooly ask for a job? Do I buy them a drink first? Do I linked in really hard? Do I make some tweets? Do I send unsolicited mail to firms? Surely this can't be successful. Do I go to "mixers" at the local bar association? If I did I honestly would probably end up feigning a text conversation in the corner. Do I mail people from my hometown and say, hey, I too am from this town? Do I email random alumni and ask them "for coffee?" What if they drink tea? Coffee makes me have to poop and I won't do that anywhere besides my dumpy little studio apartment, so coffee is out. Do people still bowl? Maybe I could invite them bowling.

Why am I here? Why did I do this? Why was I not smart enough to be a doctor? Why are law students such hardos and hungos? Why on earth do people take themselves so seriously? In interviews should I try to have a sense of humor? Should I just stop caring and be myself? I'm facing 300k in debt yet I'm shockingly cavalier? Surely some people are in the same boat. Why wasn't I an electrician? My loser townie friend is an electrician and he makes like 70k a year. He didn't go to college. Do lawyers have time for netflix? Will I be allowed to dip in a law office? How bad is it really for my gums?

How does one network? Thanks.

Thanks

johnpierce14

Re: What exactly do you hardos and hungos mean by "network"

Postby johnpierce14 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:35 am

also what is shit law

A. Nony Mouse

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:39 am

I thought you said the employment stuff here wasn't worth reading?

johnpierce14

Postby johnpierce14 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:44 am

Alright alright, you got me.

Return to “Legal Employment”