Question re:Undergraduate GPA on Legal Employment Apps

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Question re:Undergraduate GPA on Legal Employment Apps

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:02 pm

Small question which is bothering me; the undergraduate college I attended reset the GPA on my transcript when I switched degree programs. My transcript includes all the courses I took but the cumulative GPA on the bottom only includes my last 30-40 credits.

On many legal job online apps it asks for undergraduate GPA; should I give the GPA on the bottom of my transcript, the GPA as calculated by myself including all my credits (higher), or GPA as calculated by LSAC (highest of the three)?

[The difference is significant; each is .2 higher than the the last.]

Relevant only as I am patent-bar eligible and my undergrad is sure to come up.

Most firms will not receive my undergrad transcripts since they don't request them but if and when they do, I would not want them to assume I am lying.

Thanks

MoonDreamer

Re: Question re:Undergraduate GPA on Legal Employment Apps

Postby MoonDreamer » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:11 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Small question which is bothering me; the undergraduate college I attended reset the GPA on my transcript when I switched degree programs. My transcript includes all the courses I took but the cumulative GPA on the bottom only includes my last 30-40 credits.

On many legal job online apps it asks for undergraduate GPA; should I give the GPA on the bottom of my transcript, the GPA as calculated by myself including all my credits (higher), or GPA as calculated by LSAC (highest of the three)?

[The difference is significant; each is .2 higher than the the last.]

Relevant only as I am patent-bar eligible and my undergrad is sure to come up.

Most firms will not receive my undergrad transcripts since they don't request them but if and when they do, I would not want them to assume I am lying.

Thanks

unless you received some sort of academic distinction (cum laude, etc.), nobody cares.

Another

Postby Another » Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:57 pm

Last edited by Another on Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Anonymous User

Re: Question re:Undergraduate GPA on Legal Employment Apps

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:48 am

Essentially a glitch that the registrar refused to change on my transcript even though I was convinced it would hurt me during law school admissions. It didn't because LSAC calculated everything anyway so it didn't make a difference what it said...

Return to “Legal Employment”