2013 Texas OCI (+all Texas firms) Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: 2013 Texas OCI (+all Texas firms)

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:25 pm

sutherland snail mail ding.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:01 pm

Anonymous User wrote:sutherland snail mail ding.
Sorry about that.

If you don't mind me asking, when was your screener with them?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:52 pm

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:18 pm

Has anyone, or know anyone, heard anything back from Sutherland besides rejection? They have yet to reject me so I wonder if I should be receiving a CB soon or if they already extended CB and simply have forgotten about me.

Thanks!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:03 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:sutherland snail mail ding.
Sorry about that.

If you don't mind me asking, when was your screener with them?
I interviewed with them two weeks ago. And good luck y'all!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:32 pm

Okay, so the CSO has been less than helpful about what to do if OCI didn't work out. I am interested in working at a mid-size firm and CSO pretty much said that I should be sending out applications here and there but I will likely just spend time over winter break applying... That seems really late to me. I've sent out a few applications here and there but I haven't heard back from any of the mid-size firms. Is this normal? How have people been going about applying for jobs once OCI didn't work out?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:03 am

Anonymous User wrote:Okay, so the CSO has been less than helpful about what to do if OCI didn't work out. I am interested in working at a mid-size firm and CSO pretty much said that I should be sending out applications here and there but I will likely just spend time over winter break applying... That seems really late to me. I've sent out a few applications here and there but I haven't heard back from any of the mid-size firms. Is this normal? How have people been going about applying for jobs once OCI didn't work out?
Frankly, the sense I get is that you simply mass-mail to dozens, if not hundreds of firms over the next two years and hopefully you will get one bite. There is no magic formula. After OCI, it just becomes a numbers game.

Or you can try to get your grades up and gun for a federal clerkship.

Most 2Ls at school seem pretty chill and calm, which is good. But I know that up to two thirds got nothing (i.e. no biglaw offers) from OCI. I wonder what's going through their minds (I don't really hang out with people from school). But hey, we live in Austin, there's always something to do to keep your minds off school/employment/debt.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”