Padfolio for OCI

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Padfolio for OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:50 pm

Does it matter at OCI whether I use a padfolio of my law school, UG, or LV as long as it's leather and look nice?

unlicensedpotato

Re: Padfolio for OCI

Postby unlicensedpotato » Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:52 pm

I wouldn't. But it probably doesn't matter.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:57 pm

unlicensedpotato wrote:I wouldn't. But it probably doesn't matter.

You wouldn't use which one?

unlicensedpotato

Postby unlicensedpotato » Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:01 pm

Sorry, I may have misunderstood the question. I would not use a school-related padfolio.

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:02 pm

Don't use a LV padfolio. (Or wear a Rolex, or conspicuously display anything else incredibly expensive.) UG is ok unless it causes weird clashes in schools (like if you went to Harvard/Yale/Stanford undergrad but go to...basically any other school). LS is fine. That's what I'll be carrying, and I'd bet 99% of NU students will carry the same, since we all got the padfolio in our acceptance packet.

unlicensedpotato

Postby unlicensedpotato » Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:07 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:Don't use a LV padfolio. (Or wear a Rolex, or conspicuously display anything else incredibly expensive.) UG is ok unless it causes weird clashes in schools (like if you went to Harvard/Yale/Stanford undergrad but go to...basically any other school). LS is fine. That's what I'll be carrying, and I'd bet 99% of NU students will carry the same, since we all got the padfolio in our acceptance packet.

That's why I think it looks a little hokey. But if everyone does it, I guess it doesn't matter.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:19 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:Don't use a LV padfolio. (Or wear a Rolex, or conspicuously display anything else incredibly expensive.) UG is ok unless it causes weird clashes in schools (like if you went to Harvard/Yale/Stanford undergrad but go to...basically any other school). LS is fine. That's what I'll be carrying, and I'd bet 99% of NU students will carry the same, since we all got the padfolio in our acceptance packet.

Professionally looking eyeglasses such as Bvlgari and Cartier should be fine though, right?

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:23 pm

Anonymous User wrote:

Professionally looking eyeglasses such as Dolce and Cartier should be fine though, right?

Unless they have a ridiculous D&G medalion making it super obvious, sure. Don't wear anything that you'd see on Rich Kids of Instagram.

Return to “Legal Employment”