3L Switching Firms/City

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

3L Switching Firms/City

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:27 pm

Rising 3L from top 7-14. Median-ish after 1L, and only somewhat better after 2L. V100 SA completed in small market not located in my school's home market. I want to switch firms to my school's home market. Assuming I get an offer, what are my chances? I've seen threads about trading up... but I don't really want/need to do that. I basically just want to switch cities - with basically anything in the NLJ250 being fine. How much will it really help that I already have another offer from a V100 firm?

TTRansfer

Re: 3L Switching Firms/City

Postby TTRansfer » Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:23 pm

Does your firm have any other cities you'd be interested in? I'd have to think it would be easier moving around the firm than moving firms.

Anonymous User

Re: 3L Switching Firms/City

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:28 pm

TTRansfer wrote:Does your firm have any other cities you'd be interested in? I'd have to think it would be easier moving around the firm than moving firms.

Nope.

Return to “Legal Employment”