Mass Mailing - Should I bother?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Mass Mailing - Should I bother?

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:15 pm

T1, 15-20%, primary journal. Am I wasting my time mass mailing NALP firms?

mr.hands

Re: Mass Mailing - Should I bother?

Postby mr.hands » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:16 pm

Anonymous User wrote:T1, 15-20%, primary journal. Am I wasting my time mass mailing NALP firms?

No. Mail your ass off

JamMasterJ

Postby JamMasterJ » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:11 pm

dude, you're exactly the type of person who should be mailing. Not good enough grades to rely on OCI, but good enough to have a shot at a lot of places. Throw everything at the wall - something may stick.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:16 pm

Thanks for the replies. I'm sending them out to every market I can see myself in (10+), but I just wanted to make sure I wasn't spinning my wheels for no reason.

JamMasterJ

Postby JamMasterJ » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:54 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Thanks for the replies. I'm sending them out to every market I can see myself in (10+), but I just wanted to make sure I wasn't spinning my wheels for no reason.

make sure the order them by preference so the markets you want the most hear from you soonest. Read the mass mailing threads stickied in this forum

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:55 pm

I apologize if it's been asked before, but how exactly does one mass mail? Lets say I want to end up in Seattle. I know I must look up the firms on NALP and find out a hiring coordinator to email. What should the email say? what should be included/attached in the email?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:01 pm

I didn't think this was worth creating a new thread for so I'll ask it here. I know I should mail everyone in my target markets (which includes NYC). I'm median at a lower T14 though, and I'm wondering if NYC V25s actually give screening interviews to students like me through mass mailing? Or do they just fill their SA classes through OCI + mass mailing from HYSCCNP students with the right grades? I'll probably mail them regardless but I'm just wondering if I should focus more time on lower ranked NYC and secondary market firms.

Return to “Legal Employment”