Median at Duke Bid List Critique

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: Median at Duke Bid List Critique

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:34 pm

I was essentially you several years ago, though I was not interested in corporate.

I will note that I did not get a single NC callback despite ties as strong as one can have. I think you have the right balance as far as NY firms. You will need them. There's just too many law students in the state of NC now and too few open slots.

I would agree with the other posters on moving Brooks Pierce down a bit. I'd bump up Parker Poe.

I don't have terribly strong feelings on K&L Charlotte. None of the other NC offices are big enough to matter.

I would agree that RBH is probably out of reach for you. A&B is a bit of a crapshoot. Cadwalader? meh. I'd keep it where you have it.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:55 pm

Last edited by Anonymous User on Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:12 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Ok, updated:

This definitely looks better. Maybe switch Cadwalader and A&B since A&B has a larger SA class, but that likely wont make much of a difference. Any reason why Wyrick is so low? Them and smith anderson are the top non-big law corporate firms in the triangle. A friend worked there last summer and loved the people. Charlotte > triangle by a mile though IMO.
Last edited by Anonymous User on Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:21 pm

Sorry can you please unquote? Trying not to leave the list on here.

But moving Wyrick up over the firms that I'm probably a ding at and the small satalite offices isn't a bad idea, I just looked and saw Wyrick's SA class size is bigger than I thought. Although most of my ties are to Charlotte, not Raleigh, so idk if that will hurt me or not.

Return to “Legal Employment”