1L SA, concerns about future employment

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

1L SA, concerns about future employment

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:15 am

All,

So I consider myself extremely lucky to be below the median at my law school and successfully working as a 1L SA in midlaw this summer. I was waitlisted for a T14 school, which I considered a major reach with my grades. However, I am not happy with the work we do at my law firm and not sure if I could ever truly enjoy the billable hour race. I'm finding it difficult to dropout with these options. Does anyone know if its common for a 1L SA to go into work completely different 2L summer (inhouse)? Thank you

Nightclub_Dwight

Re: 1L SA, concerns about future employment

Postby Nightclub_Dwight » Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:16 pm

wat

RodneyRuxin

Re: 1L SA, concerns about future employment

Postby RodneyRuxin » Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:21 pm

If your question is: is it possible to get an in-house gig straight from law school?
My answer is: Yes.

If your question is: is it possible for me to get an in-house gig straight from law school?
We don't even know what school you go to, except that it's not the t14(maybe?). I'd think unlikely with your grades but you could network or interview your way into one.

Return to “Legal Employment”