NYU Executive Tax LLM (online) vs traditional LLM

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

NYU Executive Tax LLM (online) vs traditional LLM

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:39 am

Does anyone know if the NYU Executive Tax LLM, which is offered online, is viewed on the same footing by employers as their traditional on-campus Tax LLM?

I already have a biglawl tax job lined up. I would be interesting in getting the online LLM part time to (a) learn the subject material and (b) possibly increase lateral exit options down the road, if the degree is in fact viewed well by employers. Trying to figure out if its worth it.

Re: NYU Executive Tax LLM (online) vs traditional LLM

Postby truevines » Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:15 pm

If you already have a job, then log your hours crazily and accumulate experiences with the important tax matters. I doubt you will have enough time studying for another degree, if you're doing well on your job.

On the other hand, if you have enough time for this online degree, you then should probably worry whether you bill enough hours or whether you're doing well enough to stay. In this case, this only tax LLM degree won't help you stay or lateral.

Return to “Legal Employment”