Tell me about Baker & McKenzie

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Tell me about Baker & McKenzie

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:12 am

Have a meeting with a Baker & McKenzie hiring partner in San Francisco on Monday (which may or may not be a screener, it's kind of unclear). Does anyone know much about that firm beyond what Vault says? Anything specific about the SF office or the summer program? Any inside info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Anonymous User

Re: Tell me about Baker & McKenzie

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:57 pm

bump

come on, there's gotta be someone who knows about this gigantic firm!

Anonymous User

Re: Tell me about Baker & McKenzie

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:48 pm

I interviewed with them for a 1L SA. No screeners, it just went straight to the 5 interviews with 10 attorneys over 2.5 hours in their office.

They're big, of course, but they also have about 75 offices (they have off-site partner and section conferences by continent and hemisphere), which means that many of their offices are surprisingly small and tight-knit relative to other biglaw offices in those cities. And they tend to do pretty much everything, so whatever you're interested in, they do it.

Beyond that, I've got nothing. I wouldn't have even offered this except that you're still waiting for any feedback at all.

Return to “Legal Employment”