How has your SA experience been so far?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

How has your SA experience been so far?

Postby Peg » Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:50 pm

Did not see a thread for this, so thought I would start one. What have everyone's experiences been, socially and professionally? What has surprised you and what hasn't?

Professionally, I am quite comfortable (at a Vault firm in NYC - won't talk about the rank because I feel like I've already given away too much info about myself on TLS!). I work hard to turn out the best work product I can and the two associates I'm working with are friendly, helpful and professional.

Some of my fellow summers are pretty obnoxious though, not going to lie. There are a few who went to T-14 schools and are a little snotty about my school (wtf, I got into the same firm as you!). And they're also hard-partying, cold, cliquey and pretentious. But there are a couple other SAs who I get along really well with.

I feel like as a person, I'm so not a typical law student or typical Biglaw associate. I hate the snobbiness, the cliquey-ness and the pretension. I really am worried I won't last in this environment beyond 2-3 years.

Re: How has your SA experience been so far?

Postby LgllyBlnde » Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:53 pm

Return to “Legal Employment”