GULC EIW 2013

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273367
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GULC EIW 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:27 pm

Anyone hear from Skadden NY who interviewed last week?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273367
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GULC EIW 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:58 pm

Seward NYC ding via email

Anonymous User
Posts: 273367
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GULC EIW 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:15 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Seward NYC ding via email

Anonymous User
Posts: 273367
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GULC EIW 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:17 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Seward NYC ding via email


Post CB?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273367
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GULC EIW 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:41 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Seward NYC ding via email


Post CB?


No, sorry, after screener from EIW

Anonymous User
Posts: 273367
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GULC EIW 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:44 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Previous anon here. Just to clarify, what I was saying wasn't totally speculation. I have a CB (and wasn't the previous one reported) and was told when I was scheduling that they were trying to get all of us in within the next three weeks (as in before the end of the first week of September). Also, I heard the weekend after EIW, once they had completed all GULC screeners, so the one mentioned was not really astonishingly early. Nevertheless, I don't have hard evidence that they haven't called everyone--it just seems bizarre that they'd call and say that you have to get in this coming week or the following one. I guess it still might be possible.


Pure speculation, but perhaps they maintain a W/L in case they don't fill out their summer class from the initial round of callbacks, and want to get that initial round done quickly so they can still resort to the W/L as needed. I have still not heard anything from them one way or another, and I live in DC so it's highly improbable the letter is just taking awhile relative to when others have reported receiving theirs, so it strikes me as odd that they would have made final decisions across the board but only formally dinged a select group of people.

Relatedly, has anyone from the Simpson Thacher NYC shadow schedule (specific interviewer WR) heard back? They, WC, and Boies Schiller are my only-non-responses so far.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273367
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GULC EIW 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:47 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Previous anon here. Just to clarify, what I was saying wasn't totally speculation. I have a CB (and wasn't the previous one reported) and was told when I was scheduling that they were trying to get all of us in within the next three weeks (as in before the end of the first week of September). Also, I heard the weekend after EIW, once they had completed all GULC screeners, so the one mentioned was not really astonishingly early. Nevertheless, I don't have hard evidence that they haven't called everyone--it just seems bizarre that they'd call and say that you have to get in this coming week or the following one. I guess it still might be possible.


Pure speculation, but perhaps they maintain a W/L in case they don't fill out their summer class from the initial round of callbacks, and want to get that initial round done quickly so they can still resort to the W/L as needed. I have still not heard anything from them one way or another, and I live in DC so it's highly improbable the letter is just taking awhile relative to when others have reported receiving theirs, so it strikes me as odd that they would have made final decisions across the board but only formally dinged a select group of people.

Relatedly, has anyone from the Simpson Thacher NYC shadow schedule (specific interviewer WR) heard back? They, WC, and Boies Schiller are my only-non-responses so far.


Still have yet to hear from STB

Anonymous User
Posts: 273367
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GULC EIW 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:48 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Previous anon here. Just to clarify, what I was saying wasn't totally speculation. I have a CB (and wasn't the previous one reported) and was told when I was scheduling that they were trying to get all of us in within the next three weeks (as in before the end of the first week of September). Also, I heard the weekend after EIW, once they had completed all GULC screeners, so the one mentioned was not really astonishingly early. Nevertheless, I don't have hard evidence that they haven't called everyone--it just seems bizarre that they'd call and say that you have to get in this coming week or the following one. I guess it still might be possible.


Pure speculation, but perhaps they maintain a W/L in case they don't fill out their summer class from the initial round of callbacks, and want to get that initial round done quickly so they can still resort to the W/L as needed. I have still not heard anything from them one way or another, and I live in DC so it's highly improbable the letter is just taking awhile relative to when others have reported receiving theirs, so it strikes me as odd that they would have made final decisions across the board but only formally dinged a select group of people.

Relatedly, has anyone from the Simpson Thacher NYC shadow schedule (specific interviewer WR) heard back? They, WC, and Boies Schiller are my only-non-responses so far.



I got a ding last week from the shadow schedule screener. You may still have hope!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273367
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GULC EIW 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:13 am

haven't heard from Latham (NYC) one way or the other (interviewer initial CS). how about other people?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273367
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GULC EIW 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:16 pm

Has anyone gotten a cb from Proskauer LA or Kasowitz NY?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273367
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GULC EIW 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:30 pm

Anonymous User wrote: I got a ding last week from the shadow schedule screener. You may still have hope!


Email ding or snail mail?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273367
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GULC EIW 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:44 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote: I got a ding last week from the shadow schedule screener. You may still have hope!


Email ding or snail mail?


Email

Anonymous User
Posts: 273367
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GULC EIW 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:40 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote: I got a ding last week from the shadow schedule screener. You may still have hope!


Email ding or snail mail?


Email


Did you also interview with Simpson DC? If so, did you get separate dings from each office?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273367
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GULC EIW 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:45 pm

Did anyone get anything from SIP?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273367
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GULC EIW 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:17 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Did anyone get anything from SIP?


I got 4 screeners through SIP.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273367
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GULC EIW 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:40 pm

Anyone else out there who doesn't have any offers yet?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273367
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GULC EIW 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:46 pm

Yes. No offer. Had three callbacks so far. I was really hoping for something but it doesn't look good. I'm beginning to freak out (even more than I already was) and it feels like everyone else has at least one...

Anonymous User
Posts: 273367
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GULC EIW 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:07 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Yes. No offer. Had three callbacks so far. I was really hoping for something but it doesn't look good. I'm beginning to freak out (even more than I already was) and it feels like everyone else has at least one...


When were your callbacks... your post is starting to freak me out now. I have done 6 now including one today, and don't have an offer yet, and i'm top 10%/main. should i really be worrying

Anonymous User
Posts: 273367
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GULC EIW 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:15 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote: have any offers yet?


Steptoe DC and Goodwin Procter DC offers. No-offer Sidley DC.


How many days after your Goodwin Procter callback did you receive an offer?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273367
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GULC EIW 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:33 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Yes. No offer. Had three callbacks so far. I was really hoping for something but it doesn't look good. I'm beginning to freak out (even more than I already was) and it feels like everyone else has at least one...


When were your callbacks... your post is starting to freak me out now. I have done 6 now including one today, and don't have an offer yet, and i'm top 10%/main. should i really be worrying


Where are offers out on the table?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273367
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GULC EIW 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:36 pm

all over NYC offers have been given out a quick list I know from first hand and second hand knowledge:

Milbank
Cahill
Proskauer
Shearman
Clifford Chance
Willikie
Anyone else know any to add?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273367
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GULC EIW 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:40 pm

Anonymous User wrote:all over NYC offers have been given out a quick list I know from first hand and second hand knowledge:

Milbank
Cahill
Proskauer
Shearman
Clifford Chance
Willikie
Anyone else know any to add?


I also know of Skadden and Debevoise offers.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273367
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GULC EIW 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:16 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Yes. No offer. Had three callbacks so far. I was really hoping for something but it doesn't look good. I'm beginning to freak out (even more than I already was) and it feels like everyone else has at least one...


When were your callbacks... your post is starting to freak me out now. I have done 6 now including one today, and don't have an offer yet, and i'm top 10%/main. should i really be worrying


dude, no. You're probably fine. 6 cbs with those stats? I'm at 6 total (3 down, 3 to go) & your stats are far superior. At this point I'm scrambling for any kind of firm job. It's not a pleasant place to be. I've sent out 200+ applications in mass-mailing with literally no response.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273367
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GULC EIW 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:19 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Have anyone heard anything from Alston?


Alston & Bird Atlanta ding via snail mail - postmarked in NYC.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273367
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GULC EIW 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:24 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Yes. No offer. Had three callbacks so far. I was really hoping for something but it doesn't look good. I'm beginning to freak out (even more than I already was) and it feels like everyone else has at least one...


When were your callbacks... your post is starting to freak me out now. I have done 6 now including one today, and don't have an offer yet, and i'm top 10%/main. should i really be worrying


dude, no. You're probably fine. 6 cbs with those stats? I'm at 6 total (3 down, 3 to go) & your stats are far superior. At this point I'm scrambling for any kind of firm job. It's not a pleasant place to be. I've sent out 200+ applications in mass-mailing with literally no response.


Well, I still have 8 more to go (as of now, was hoping to cancel a ton), but I guess I'm worried I haven't heard anything from any of the 6 I've done yet...




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.