GULC EIW 2013

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273104
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GULC EIW 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:40 pm

Another day. Another silent phone. Another empty mailbox.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273104
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GULC EIW 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:18 pm

pillsbury ding via snail mail.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273104
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GULC EIW 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:45 pm

Anonymous User wrote:pillsbury ding via snail mail.


Jesus Christ, I'm starting to envy those people who have been getting nothing but silence. My remaining firms are starting to drop like flies...

Btw, just to do my part: dings from
Willkie NY,
Cozen DC,
Venable DC,
Fried Frank NY,
Chadbourne NY,
Weil Gotshal,
Kramer Levin NY,
and probably Pillsbury once my mail catches up to me.
Last edited by Anonymous User on Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273104
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GULC EIW 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:51 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Another day. Another silent phone. Another empty mailbox.

+1

Anonymous User
Posts: 273104
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GULC EIW 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:42 pm

wow, late night proskauer (ny) ding

Anonymous User
Posts: 273104
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GULC EIW 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:57 am

Kirkland chicago ding, ropes chicago ding.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273104
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GULC EIW 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:59 am

Ropes NY ding by email.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273104
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GULC EIW 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:10 pm

Baker Hostetler (NY) ding by email

Anonymous User
Posts: 273104
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GULC EIW 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:08 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Baker Hostetler (NY) ding by email


When about did you get that? Did you interview only for NY and was the ding specifically from NY?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273104
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GULC EIW 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:13 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:pillsbury ding via snail mail.


Jesus Christ, I'm starting to envy those people who have been getting nothing but silence. My remaining firms are starting to drop like flies...

Btw, just to do my part: dings from
Willkie NY,
Cozen DC,
Venable DC,
Fried Frank NY,
Chadbourne NY,
Weil Gotshal,
Kramer Levin NY,
and probably Pillsbury once my mail catches up to me.


Sorry to be that guy, but were all these dings by email? Thanks.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273104
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GULC EIW 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:18 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Baker Hostetler (NY) ding by email


When about did you get that? Did you interview only for NY and was the ding specifically from NY?



Early today, and yes interviewed only for NY and the ding specifically came from NY

Anonymous User
Posts: 273104
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GULC EIW 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:34 pm

So here's a google spreadsheet of everything in this thread so far. It should be freely editable for anyone with the link. It's just a list of firms (and locations, where applicable), and whether anyone here as reported a CB, ding, or offer. Also, where people have asked about firms with no response is indicated.

Based on my personal gmail, so I guess I'm outing myself as being ON tls, but whatever.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing

Anonymous User
Posts: 273104
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GULC EIW 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:41 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:pillsbury ding via snail mail.


Jesus Christ, I'm starting to envy those people who have been getting nothing but silence. My remaining firms are starting to drop like flies...

Btw, just to do my part: dings from
Willkie NY,
Cozen DC,
Venable DC,
Fried Frank NY,
Chadbourne NY,
Weil Gotshal,
Kramer Levin NY,
and probably Pillsbury once my mail catches up to me.


Sorry to be that guy, but were all these dings by email? Thanks.


With the exception of Pillsbury, all by email.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273104
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GULC EIW 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:52 pm

Anonymous User wrote:So here's a google spreadsheet of everything in this thread so far. It should be freely editable for anyone with the link. It's just a list of firms (and locations, where applicable), and whether anyone here as reported a CB, ding, or offer. Also, where people have asked about firms with no response is indicated.

Based on my personal gmail, so I guess I'm outing myself as being ON tls, but whatever.

Well done.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273104
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GULC EIW 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:56 pm

Anonymous User wrote:So here's a google spreadsheet of everything in this thread so far. It should be freely editable for anyone with the link. It's just a list of firms (and locations, where applicable), and whether anyone here as reported a CB, ding, or offer. Also, where people have asked about firms with no response is indicated.

Based on my personal gmail, so I guess I'm outing myself as being ON tls, but whatever.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing


Nicely done. Can add to that dings from White & Case NY and Bryan Cave (Chi, STL and KC was interviewing for all)

Anonymous User
Posts: 273104
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GULC EIW 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:52 pm

Dings (all via email):
MoFo DC
Fried Frank DC
Freshfields DC
Paul Hastings DC
White&Case DC
Cadwalader DC
:(

CB:
Bryan Cave

Anonymous User
Posts: 273104
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GULC EIW 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:00 pm

Anonymous User wrote:CB:
Bryan Cave

email or call? (today?)

Anonymous User
Posts: 273104
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GULC EIW 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:19 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:CB:
Bryan Cave

email or call? (today?)



call. on Monday.

dcdude
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:06 pm

Re: GULC EIW 2013

Postby dcdude » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:59 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:CB:
Bryan Cave

email or call? (today?)



call. on Monday.


Which office? DC?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273104
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GULC EIW 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:12 pm

Yes. Sorry, forgot to mention at first..


dcdude wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:CB:
Bryan Cave

email or call? (today?)


call. on Monday.


Which office? DC?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273104
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GULC EIW 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:46 pm

Allen & Overy (NY) ding by email an hour ago.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273104
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GULC EIW 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:48 pm

Adding Skadden DC, Hollingsworth DC.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273104
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GULC EIW 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:00 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Adding Skadden DC, Hollingsworth DC.


Are these callbacks or dings?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273104
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GULC EIW 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:02 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Adding Skadden DC, Hollingsworth DC.


Are these callbacks or dings?


Not OP, but I'm guessing dings b/c I reported a Skadden DC callback a while ago, thus there would be nothing to "add" there..

Anonymous User
Posts: 273104
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GULC EIW 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:26 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Kirkland chicago ding, ropes chicago ding.


Was Kirkland Chi via email?




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.