GULC EIW 2013 Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: GULC EIW 2013

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:13 am

Anyone heard from Finn Dixon & Herling from SIP?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:56 pm

SIP rejection from Beveridge & Diamond & Cohen Milstein

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:28 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Any word from Baker Hostetler DC? Crickets as far as I can tell, but maybe just me.
I interviewed with the DC interviewer for an out of state position, and haven't heard anything. I contacted the recruiter weeks ago, who said they were going to be sending letters to everyone who'd applied and making decisions on call back interviews in the next few weeks. I haven't heard of any movement from anyone, so I have no idea how slow they are going to actually be.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:29 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Any word from Baker Hostetler DC? Crickets as far as I can tell, but maybe just me.
I interviewed with the DC interviewer for an out of state position, and haven't heard anything. I contacted the recruiter weeks ago, who said they were going to be sending letters to everyone who'd applied and making decisions on call back interviews in the next few weeks. I haven't heard of any movement from anyone, so I have no idea how slow they are going to actually be.
Thanks for the information The wait is really tough. I get the feeling they are one of the slower firms to give offers.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:45 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Thanks for the information The wait is really tough. I get the feeling they are one of the slower firms to give offers.

Interviewed with an out-of-state office last week and they were wrapping up interviews that week. That was one of the last CB's I received, literally got a call one week before. They definitely move slower than other firms.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:40 pm

Anyone heard anything from Axinn Veltrop? They said "next few weeks" but I didn't expect that to mean more than 2.

dcdude

New

Post by dcdude » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:49 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Interviewed with an out-of-state office last week and they were wrapping up interviews that week. That was one of the last CB's I received, literally got a call one week before. They definitely move slower than other firms.
Thanks for the info - I was hoping they hadn't made calls yet so I still had a chance of a call back. They'd warned me in interviews it would be a couple of weeks - no wonder their median GPA is relatively low: all the higher ranked students are snatched up by the time they move. Now if only I were one of the lower ranked students they were calling back, all would be perfect.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:10 pm

Did anyone interview with Rivero Mestre during the SIP? Any word back from them? Any idea how many spots they were looking to fill and what their timeline was looking like?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:07 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
I never got any follow up after after EIW, but followed up a couple times with the recruiters. In the last follow up, they informed me the recruiting for 2014 was over with. Thanks for the official ding, dudes.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:58 pm

Any word from Baker Hostetler DC? Crickets as far as I can tell, but maybe just me.[/quote]

I interviewed with the DC interviewer for an out of state position, and haven't heard anything. I contacted the recruiter weeks ago, who said they were going to be sending letters to everyone who'd applied and making decisions on call back interviews in the next few weeks. I haven't heard of any movement from anyone, so I have no idea how slow they are going to actually be.[/quote]

I never got any follow up after after EIW, but followed up a couple times with the recruiters. In the last follow up, they informed me the recruiting for 2014 was over with. Thanks for the official ding, dudes.[/quote][/quote]

Does this mean if we haven't heard anything since the callback we're out of luck?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:35 am

I interviewed with the DC interviewer for an out of state position, and haven't heard anything. I contacted the recruiter weeks ago, who said they were going to be sending letters to everyone who'd applied and making decisions on call back interviews in the next few weeks. I haven't heard of any movement from anyone, so I have no idea how slow they are going to actually be.[/quote]

I never got any follow up after after EIW, but followed up a couple times with the recruiters. In the last follow up, they informed me the recruiting for 2014 was over with. Thanks for the official ding, dudes.[/quote][/quote]

Does this mean if we haven't heard anything since the callback we're out of luck?[/quote]

I didn't have a callback, so I couldn't say, but I wouldn't have been told I was dinged for an out of state interview unless I'd followed up with the recruiter. I'd recommend following up if I were you.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:22 pm

To those still looking: has anyone had a remotely positive experience with OCS? I've been thinking about setting up a meeting, but everyone I've spoken to who's gone in said it was a complete waste of time.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:33 am

Anonymous User wrote:

Does this mean if we haven't heard anything since the callback we're out of luck?[/quote]

I didn't have a callback, so I couldn't say, but I wouldn't have been told I was dinged for an out of state interview unless I'd followed up with the recruiter. I'd recommend following up if I were you.[/quote]

I'm still waiting to hear....

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:34 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

I never got any follow up after after EIW, but followed up a couple times with the recruiters. In the last follow up, they informed me the recruiting for 2014 was over with. Thanks for the official ding, dudes.
[/quote]

I didn't have a callback, so I couldn't say, but I wouldn't have been told I was dinged for an out of state interview unless I'd followed up with the recruiter. I'd recommend following up if I were you.[/quote]

I'm still waiting to hear....[/quote]

I'm still waiting.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:37 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

I'm still waiting to hear....[/quote]

I'm still waiting.[/quote]

Any word? Is anyone else waiting or should I just assume a ding/they have forgotten me. I'm not impressed with their organization, I must say.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:54 pm

I haven't heard from orrick, Sheppard mullin, and a few others after the screener stage. Does this mean I'm not gonna get a callback? Other ppl on here seem to have gotten rejection letters though..

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:03 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I haven't heard from orrick, Sheppard mullin, and a few others after the screener stage. Does this mean I'm not gonna get a callback? Other ppl on here seem to have gotten rejection letters though..
I would call them to find out status.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:20 pm

RE: Baker Hostetler: I am fairly certain their DC office has been filled. I was absolutely not impressed with their inaccurate recruiters listed on their website, and other recruiters who wouldn't respond. They and Morgan Lewis are notorious for leaving people hanging after screeners.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:06 am

Anonymous User wrote:RE: Baker Hostetler: I am fairly certain their DC office has been filled. I was absolutely not impressed with their inaccurate recruiters listed on their website, and other recruiters who wouldn't respond. They and Morgan Lewis are notorious for leaving people hanging after screeners.
Seconding this. Baker Hostetler was very slow to respond not just to screeners but to CBs as well, inaccurately represented numbers, and has still failed to let people know the results of the process. They should be polite enough to respond to people who gave up time and energy to interview with them.

I liked the attorneys but the process does not reflect well on them. Hard to know if that is the firm or is just a bad recruitment coordinator.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:00 am

Anonymous User wrote:I haven't heard from orrick, Sheppard mullin, and a few others after the screener stage. Does this mean I'm not gonna get a callback? Other ppl on here seem to have gotten rejection letters though..
Have not heard from Sheppard Mullin, Arent Fox, and a few others- but i know that people have gotten both offers and rejections from some of those firms.

I am in the camp that believes radio silence to be a bad thing. Follow up with the recruiter ASAP, and make yourself available.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:02 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:RE: Baker Hostetler: I am fairly certain their DC office has been filled. I was absolutely not impressed with their inaccurate recruiters listed on their website, and other recruiters who wouldn't respond. They and Morgan Lewis are notorious for leaving people hanging after screeners.
Seconding this. Baker Hostetler was very slow to respond not just to screeners but to CBs as well, inaccurately represented numbers, and has still failed to let people know the results of the process. They should be polite enough to respond to people who gave up time and energy to interview with them.

I liked the attorneys but the process does not reflect well on them. Hard to know if that is the firm or is just a bad recruitment coordinator.
Ditto.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”