ignore Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

ignore

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:13 am

Last edited by Anonymous User on Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

RodneyRuxin

Bronze

Re: Didn't make law review

Post by RodneyRuxin » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:22 am

Let me make sure I'm getting this right. Is your question essentially "should I lie to employers?"

envisciguy

Bronze

Post by envisciguy » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:23 am

RodneyRuxin wrote:Let me make sure I'm getting this right. Is your question essentially "should I lie to employers?"
How is this even a question OP...

helfer snooterbagon

Bronze

Post by helfer snooterbagon » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:25 am

I doubt you will get too many people on here encouraging you to lie. You are over thinking it though. First, it is unlikely that it will come up. Second, they will probably assume that since you don't have it on your resume "Invited to Law Review", that you probably were not invited. At the end of the day, the firm will almost certainly not check with your law school about whether you were required to participate in the write on contest.

jml8756

Bronze

Re: ignore

Post by jml8756 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:27 am

Don't lie to your interviewers. But maybe you can spin it. After all, since you were transferring maybe you decided to focus more of your energy on final exams or your summer job and the write-on for your old school wasn't reflective of your true capabilities?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”