Firms at OCI asking for Resumes Now Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
onehellofaride

New

Firms at OCI asking for Resumes Now

Post by onehellofaride » Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:16 pm

I've been to a handful of receptions on the West Coast and have noticed some of the firms have asked those interested in applying for a SA position next year to send their resume to the recruiting coordinator.

Apparently our career services says this a BIG no-no on the part of the firm. Is there anyway this hurts my chances? For instance, I sent in my resume to a few firms, and actually had a couple then ask for my transcripts as well. What do ya think? Good or bad call?

I can understand that they would ask for resumes from students who go to schools htat the firm will not be represented at their OCI, but these firms know what school I go to and that they will be attending our OCI.

unlicensedpotato

Silver

Re: Firms at OCI asking for Resumes Now

Post by unlicensedpotato » Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:18 pm

Do whatever the firms say, ignore whatever CSO says. If there's a chance you can bypass or get an advantage going into OCI, I would take it.
Last edited by unlicensedpotato on Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nolongeranonymous

New

Re: Firms at OCI asking for Resumes Now

Post by nolongeranonymous » Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:19 pm

unlicensedpotato wrote:Do whatever the firms say, ignore whatever CSO says.
+1

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”