How to explain lack of bidding in an interview?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

How to explain lack of bidding in an interview?

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:23 pm

I received an invitation to interview with a firm's DC office, but I only bid on their NY office for OCI. I'm interested in going to the interview, but how do I explain the fact that I never bid on that specific office?

Anonymous User

Re: How to explain lack of bidding in an interview?

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:45 pm

Is it a screener? Are you closer to the DC office? It may be that they are just doing the screener there. I would try to bring it up as clarify while still sounding flexible.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:49 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Is it a screener? Are you closer to the DC office? It may be that they are just doing the screener there. I would try to bring it up as clarify while still sounding flexible.

Their email made it pretty clear that its an interview for their DC office. And I already have a screening interview scheduled for their NY office, so I can't see why they'd do another NY screener before then.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:50 pm

Assuming the NY office is bigger, just say that you were bidding based on class size and selectivity and that it made more sense to pick the one hiring more people - that you really wanted the DC office but you were just playing it safe

Return to “Legal Employment”