Penn OCI

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: Penn OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:05 pm

I emailed thank you's to the people I interviewed with on a CB, and 1 of them emailed me back. It was the interview I thought went the best out of the 4, so I guess its not THAT weird, but I didn't think they would ever email me back lol. Just gotta hope they put in a REALLY good review for me, since I don't have many CB's.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:05 pm

this bashing and name-calling on this public thread is way more embarrassing to me as a Penn Law student than what somebody posts on their personal Facebook page

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:07 pm

Anonymous User wrote:this bashing and name-calling on this public thread is way more embarrassing to me as a Penn Law student then what somebody posts on their personal Facebook page

Get off your high horse!

Nelson

Postby Nelson » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:08 pm

So this is the time of the OCI season where the stress makes us turn against each other. Calm down folks, we're all in this together.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:09 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I emailed thank you's to the people I interviewed with on a CB, and 1 of them emailed me back. It was the interview I thought went the best out of the 4, so I guess its not THAT weird, but I didn't think they would ever email me back lol. Just gotta hope they put in a REALLY good review for me, since I don't have many CB's.

What is the collective wisdom on this? Send TYs? Don't send? It doesn't matter?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:11 pm

Nelson wrote:So this is the time of the OCI season where the stress makes us turn against each other. Calm down folks, we're all in this together.

+1

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:12 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I emailed thank you's to the people I interviewed with on a CB, and 1 of them emailed me back. It was the interview I thought went the best out of the 4, so I guess its not THAT weird, but I didn't think they would ever email me back lol. Just gotta hope they put in a REALLY good review for me, since I don't have many CB's.

I researched it a ton, and honestly there's no consensus. I didn't send them to my first CB but kind of regretted it so I made sure to send them to my 2nd. Plus, this 2nd one told me they weren't going to make a decision for ~2 weeks so I knew I wasn't going to be too late or anything in sending them.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:12 pm

Anonymous User wrote:

They took 30+ minutes out of their day to speak with you. It's perfectly fine to send them an email. Zero downside.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:13 pm

Nelson wrote:So this is the time of the OCI season where the stress makes us turn against each other. Calm down folks, we're all in this together.

I have a V10 offer so no stress here. Just think he deserves a good ribbing

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:20 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Get off your high horse!

aka "don't judge me for the way I judge other people!"

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:21 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

They took 30+ minutes out of their day to speak with you. It's perfectly fine to send them an email. Zero downside.

What's the wisdom on timing? Within a day/week, etc?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:22 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Eh, definitely potential downside. You can make typos, accidentally send them to the wrong person, etc. And with the firms that move quick (next day offers), its almost impossible to send them quickly enough for them to actually help. But yeah, I still think its worth doing.
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

What's the wisdom on timing? Within a day/week, etc?

IMO same day (if its a morning CB) or next day. 2 days at the latest.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:25 pm

While this thread seems to be active, what's the protocol for canceling CBs? Is it OK to email the recruiter to steer clear of an awkward conversation, or should we try to call to make sure everything is taken care of?

Nelson

Postby Nelson » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:27 pm

Anonymous User wrote:While this thread seems to be active, what's the protocol for canceling CBs? Is it OK to email the recruiter to steer clear of an awkward conversation, or should we try to call to make sure everything is taken care of?

I like getting confirmation so I would ask them to confirm via email either way so you have a record.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:03 pm

Anonymous User wrote:this bashing and name-calling on this public thread is way more embarrassing to me as a Penn Law student than what somebody posts on their personal Facebook page

Yeah, let's cut this out. It started off as light ribbing, but it got way too hostile later on. It's not like the guy sabotaged someone else's interview or something.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:34 am

#collegiality

chup

Postby chup » Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:37 am

Hey, dickholes: stick to the thread's purpose or I will go on an outing rampage.

aecphilly

Postby aecphilly » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:32 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I would have thought Law Review could've gotten someone a better offer than K&L

This is spiraling downward. Can we stop? Please?

Sorry, but he also bragged about Law Review on Facebook within seconds of getting the call. Some people need a good shaming.

Ha. It took one search to figure out who this was!! Hope his fellow summer associates like working with him as he speaks for Penn's collegial and collaborative culture.

User was outed for anon abuse.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:37 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I would have thought Law Review could've gotten someone a better offer than K&L

This is spiraling downward. Can we stop? Please?

Sorry, but he also bragged about Law Review on Facebook within seconds of getting the call. Some people need a good shaming.

Ha. It took one search to figure out who this was!! Hope his fellow summer associates like working with him as he speaks for Penn's collegial and collaborative culture.

As someone who was in his section and had a very small class with the person in question during the second semester, I'm sure his fellow associates will like working with him. He has never been anything but nice and respectful in person. Maybe fb etiquette isn't his forte, but he's really not someone who deserves this online bullshit at all.

HeavenWood

Postby HeavenWood » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:49 am

I don't know this person, but while it's certainly douchey to brag about lawl skool accomplishments on Facebook, using the TLS anon feature to bash said person is even worse. If you have an issue with this guy/gal/whatever and you're not brave enough to voice it to his/her face, much less post it using your regular old TLS handle (which for most of you wouldn't be outing in the first place) you're better off not saying it at all.

OutCold

Postby OutCold » Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:00 am

Get this thread back on track. If you have a problem with the guy, tell him to his face where he has a chance to defend himself. Honestly, the reaction on here is much more obnoxious than the post that inspired it. Not only that, but you all gave enough details that most people can figure out who it was if they were so inclined.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:11 pm

any word on Proskauer NY from this week?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:25 pm

No offers?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:56 pm

Kramer rejection from screener via email

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:21 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Kramer rejection from screener via email