Penn OCI

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: Penn OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:42 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Median - No call backs - agree with the "its going to be bad" poster

+1

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:51 pm

I wonder if Penn moving OCI up a week has messed with things? I know 1 recruiter told me that firms were really unhappy that they did, and that it would mess up their callback schedules. Maybe firms are calling back less Penn kids because of this, or are just waiting longer to do so?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:56 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I wonder if Penn moving OCI up a week has messed with things? I know 1 recruiter told me that firms were really unhappy that they did, and that it would mess up their callback schedules. Maybe firms are calling back less Penn kids because of this, or are just waiting longer to do so?

I've been hoping that the latter can explain why I have had radio silence from seemingly very good interviews. I'm really at a loss with what's going on. I have been doing as well as I possibly can, I feel like there isn't anything I can do to improve my approach and how I've been interviewing. This process is disheartening.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:59 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I wonder if Penn moving OCI up a week has messed with things? I know 1 recruiter told me that firms were really unhappy that they did, and that it would mess up their callback schedules. Maybe firms are calling back less Penn kids because of this, or are just waiting longer to do so?

I've been hoping that the latter can explain why I have had radio silence from seemingly very good interviews. I'm really at a loss with what's going on. I have been doing as well as I possibly can, I feel like there isn't anything I can do to improve my approach and how I've been interviewing. This process is disheartening.

Yeah, thats what I'm thinking could be the case, and maybe we'll see some late CB's from some NYC firms. Basically what the recruiter said was they liked Penn being last because they could throw out a lot of CB's and it wouldn't overload their schedules since we'd have ours a week or 2 after a lot of other schools.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:06 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Yeah, thats what I'm thinking could be the case, and maybe we'll see some late CB's from some NYC firms. Basically what the recruiter said was they liked Penn being last because they could throw out a lot of CB's and it wouldn't overload their schedules since we'd have ours a week or 2 after a lot of other schools.

Maybe thats what it is - I've done 24 great interviews but not one call back.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:08 pm

Somebody should fwd this thread to CPP. Maybe it will wipe those fake smiles off their faces.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:58 pm

Clifford Chance NYC CB

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:21 am

Greenberg dings?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:55 am

I think it's worth mentioning that last year many people were complaining--not on TLS, but in real life--about how late Penn's OCI was relative to other schools, and how firms were giving out so few CBs because they had already filled their schedules with students from other schools. Basically, it's hard to make any macro generalizations about how OCI is going based on a handful of posts here.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:32 am

Skadden NYC cb

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:52 am

Just got a Goodwin Proctor (Boston) ding by email. Shame I didn't have the grades for them, since I think it was easily the best interview I did.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:45 am

Anonymous User wrote:I think it's worth mentioning that last year many people were complaining--not on TLS, but in real life--about how late Penn's OCI was relative to other schools, and how firms were giving out so few CBs because they had already filled their schedules with students from other schools. Basically, it's hard to make any macro generalizations about how OCI is going based on a handful of posts here.

Yes I was very vocal about this IRL after going on more than one CB where the firms said "sorry you are too late."

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:45 am

Anonymous User wrote:Somebody should fwd this thread to CPP. Maybe it will wipe those fake smiles off their faces.

I am a harsh critic of CPP, but just what did they do?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:20 am

r6_philly wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Somebody should fwd this thread to CPP. Maybe it will wipe those fake smiles off their faces.

I am a harsh critic of CPP, but just what did they do?

Even as someone with only 2 CB's who wishes they had a lot more, not sure how anyone can really criticize CPP. The market sucks, and theres not much they can do about it.

PennBull

Postby PennBull » Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:21 am

r6_philly wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I think it's worth mentioning that last year many people were complaining--not on TLS, but in real life--about how late Penn's OCI was relative to other schools, and how firms were giving out so few CBs because they had already filled their schedules with students from other schools. Basically, it's hard to make any macro generalizations about how OCI is going based on a handful of posts here.

Yes I was very vocal about this IRL after going on more than one CB where the firms said "sorry you are too late."

Cosigned

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:41 am

Brown Rudnick?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:52 am

Median, Pillsbury ding via email today.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:56 am

Anonymous User wrote:Median, Pillsbury ding via email today.

+1

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:09 pm

Ding from Paul Hastings, Simpson, and Davis Polk.
No CBs at all so far.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:14 pm

Anonymous User wrote:No CBs at all so far.

+1

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:16 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Ding from Paul Hastings, Simpson, and Davis Polk.

Median, also got those 3. The PH one was so nice too. :(
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:No CBs at all so far.

+1

I've got 2, and I'm pretty freaked out. I can't even imagine what having 0 feels like. :cry:

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:17 pm

No CBs at all so far.

Can you tell me who was your Paul Hastings interviewer? Also judging by last year's thread, a lot of callbacks kept coming until Friday (and some more even after) so there's still lots of time!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:18 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
No CBs at all so far.

Can you tell me who was your Paul Hastings interviewer? Also judging by last year's thread, a lot of callbacks kept coming until Friday (and some more even after) so there's still lots of time!

I was the next poster, but my PH interviewer was NB. Probably the nicest interviewer I had haha.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:27 pm

No CBs at all so far.

Those are very selective firms. Do you interview with a different range of (less selective) firms?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:30 pm

r6_philly wrote:
No CBs at all so far.

Those are very selective firms. Do you interview with a different range of (less selective) firms?

Don't want to speak for that anon, but I also interviewed with STB and DPW despite knowing I had 0.1% chance because of my grades. They each had 100+ interview slots so basically everyone even remotely interested in working in NYC interviewed with them. STB couldn't even fill all their slots.

Return to “Legal Employment”