Penn OCI

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273382
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Penn OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:11 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Holland & Knight rejection via email. According to this email, they enjoyed meeting me at Yale Law school...

Why'd you transfer to Penn, bro?


And my Penn rejection came this morning. So both the Yale me and the Penn me have been rejected... way to kick me when I'm down guys.

I think two rejections from the same firm puts me in the running for most depressing OCI experience.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273382
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Penn OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:34 am

Has anyone heard anything from Kirkland DC?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273382
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Penn OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:03 am

Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone heard anything from Kirkland DC?


Yes. CB went out Thursday afternoon.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273382
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Penn OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:09 am

Paul Weiss Offer Monday night from CB Thursday.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273382
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Penn OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:14 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Any Paul Weiss offers out there yet?


Yes. CB Friday, offer earlier today.


Congrats! but damn, that's disappointing, I really liked PW. Mind saying what time of day it came? Hope they're not done.


Thanks! It was afternoon time and my on-campus interviewer was the one who called. Good luck!


Do you mind sharing what time of day on Friday you interviewed?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273382
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Penn OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:17 am

Skadden London rejection in an email.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273382
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Penn OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:43 pm

Kirkland NYC offer via phone just now

Anonymous User
Posts: 273382
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Penn OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:03 pm

Rejection from Kirkland today after NOT having interviewed with them :roll:

Anonymous User
Posts: 273382
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Penn OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:30 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Rejection from Kirkland today after NOT having interviewed with them :roll:


Haha same.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273382
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Penn OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:57 pm

Jenner & Block CB just now. Guess there are still some firms who haven't decided yet!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273382
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Penn OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:29 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Yes. CB Friday, offer earlier today.


Congrats! but damn, that's disappointing, I really liked PW. Mind saying what time of day it came? Hope they're not done.


Thanks! It was afternoon time and my on-campus interviewer was the one who called. Good luck!


Do you mind sharing what time of day on Friday you interviewed?


Morning
Last edited by Anonymous User on Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273382
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Penn OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:58 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Kirkland NYC offer via phone just now

+1

Anonymous User
Posts: 273382
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Penn OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:56 pm

DPW ding via email, CB was last Thursday

Anonymous User
Posts: 273382
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Penn OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:32 pm

Covington NYC rejection via email. Whatever.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273382
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Penn OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:21 pm

Recent dings include Paul Hastings NY and Linklaters NY.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273382
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Penn OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:23 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Jenner & Block CB just now. Guess there are still some firms who haven't decided yet!


This is encouraging. I suspect that most of the radio silence means dings are incoming, but it gives some hope that maybe another callback is forthcoming.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273382
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Penn OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:21 am

Were the Paul Hastings NY and Covington NY dings that people have mentioned in the past couple of days from screeners or CBs? I just got screener dings from Skadden NY, Debevoise, and Akin.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273382
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Penn OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:59 am

Anonymous User wrote:Were the Paul Hastings NY and Covington NY dings that people have mentioned in the past couple of days from screeners or CBs? I just got screener dings from Skadden NY, Debevoise, and Akin.


I posted a Covington NY ding, which was from a screener.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273382
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Penn OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:02 am

Ding from Drinker Biddle - the interviewers that hadn't gotten back yet

Anonymous User
Posts: 273382
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Penn OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:14 am

Anonymous User wrote:Ding from Drinker Biddle - the interviewers that hadn't gotten back yet

Which interviewers? There were two sets that were outstanding.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273382
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Penn OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:23 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Ding from Drinker Biddle - the interviewers that hadn't gotten back yet

Which interviewers? There were two sets that were outstanding.



WC and MS - by email

Anonymous User
Posts: 273382
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Penn OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:25 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Ding from Drinker Biddle - the interviewers that hadn't gotten back yet

Which interviewers? There were two sets that were outstanding.



WC and MS - by email

Thanks. Sorry to hear. Expecting a ding from mine soon.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273382
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Penn OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:28 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Ding from Drinker Biddle - the interviewers that hadn't gotten back yet

Which interviewers? There were two sets that were outstanding.



WC and MS - by email

Thanks. Sorry to hear. Expecting a ding from mine soon.


So JL and AB are still up in the air?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273382
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Penn OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:33 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

So JL and AB are still up in the air?
[/quote][/quote]
Mine haven't gotten back to me either (other JL and JB)

Anonymous User
Posts: 273382
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Penn OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:27 am

Have Philadelphia firms started offering yet?




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.