Call Back

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Call Back

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:02 pm

Just had a call back. Its about 15 days before OCI. Anyone know whether they will wait to extend anoffer until after OCI starts, or will they extend the offer beforehand. Just curious. V25 firm branch office.

kyle010723

Re: Call Back

Postby kyle010723 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:03 pm

Last edited by kyle010723 on Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:05 pm

NALP "rules" state that offers must be open 28 days, but NALP can't force firms if the firms don't want to. Just ask. If they're offering this early they probably will. If they give you a short deadline, ask for an extension. If they won't extend or you run out of extended time, well then you have to make a decision of whether you want to accept with that firm or if you want to decline it and keep going. Alternatively you could accept and renege, though that of course entails some risks that you would have to judge for yourself.

MBZags

Postby MBZags » Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:07 pm

I've heard of people getting callbacks/offers in July.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:10 pm

I think this may be happening even more often this year. Friend of mine from a T10 has two callbacks this week at V25s, main offices. Maybe firms are following the clerkship-method of hiring and trying to poach students early.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:19 pm

I had the CB yesterday. I was wondering whether they would wait a little while to extend the offer if they do or whether they will do it pretty soon after the CB interview. They skipped the screener stage. I had four interviews with partners so I'm assuming it was a CB.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:42 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I had the CB yesterday. I was wondering whether they would wait a little while to extend the offer if they do or whether they will do it pretty soon after the CB interview. They skipped the screener stage. I had four interviews with partners so I'm assuming it was a CB.

Oh if that's your question then it depends. They will probably make an initial decision at the next hiring committee meeting (which could be this week or 2 weeks from now, you can't know). That decision will likely be reject/accept, but there is a possibility that they will defer making a decision until later.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:50 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I had the CB yesterday. I was wondering whether they would wait a little while to extend the offer if they do or whether they will do it pretty soon after the CB interview. They skipped the screener stage. I had four interviews with partners so I'm assuming it was a CB.

Oh if that's your question then it depends. They will probably make an initial decision at the next hiring committee meeting (which could be this week or 2 weeks from now, you can't know). That decision will likely be reject/accept, but there is a possibility that they will defer making a decision until later.

Awwe thanks that makes a lot of sense. They kind of mentioned something like that. Thanks a lot really appreciate the feedback. Quick follow up. If I had the cb without a screener is it more likely then not that I passed their grades requirmenet? And that the cb was more about fit?

geicoforyourmoney

Postby geicoforyourmoney » Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:38 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Awwe thanks that makes a lot of sense. They kind of mentioned something like that. Thanks a lot really appreciate the feedback. Quick follow up. If I had the cb without a screener is it more likely then not that I passed their grades requirmenet? And that the cb was more about fit?

How did you get your interview? Was it through networking? Did you just send them your resume or something?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:53 pm

geicoforyourmoney wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Awwe thanks that makes a lot of sense. They kind of mentioned something like that. Thanks a lot really appreciate the feedback. Quick follow up. If I had the cb without a screener is it more likely then not that I passed their grades requirmenet? And that the cb was more about fit?

How did you get your interview? Was it through networking? Did you just send them your resume or something?

Through networking. I emailed an associate who I had met at an event before. Handed her my resume after we had a lunch that went well. The firm called me and said they wanted to bring me in for an interview. Didn't even know it was a callback. Thought I was just interviewing with one person, but ended up interviewing with four. It went well in my opinion though. Naturally a decent interviewer.

geicoforyourmoney

Postby geicoforyourmoney » Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:15 am

Anonymous User wrote:
geicoforyourmoney wrote:[

That's awesome. It's good to hear that networking works, because I've been doing it like my life depended on it and so far, no job interviews, only purely informational ones with me asking all the questions.

I had a meeting with someone at one of my top-choice firms recently and I expected it to be purely informational, meaning me asking "what's cool about your firm, what's good about your practice area, what's the culture at the firm like" and instead it turned out to be him asking me all these questions about my background. I'm hoping that was an interview-in-disguise because I would so desperately love to work there :cry:

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:50 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Awwe thanks that makes a lot of sense. They kind of mentioned something like that. Thanks a lot really appreciate the feedback. Quick follow up. If I had the cb without a screener is it more likely then not that I passed their grades requirmenet? And that the cb was more about fit?

That is more likely than not, but it is definitely not guaranteed.

unc0mm0n1

Postby unc0mm0n1 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:34 am

If you had a CB at Quinn, I know they offered people in July last year.

Return to “Legal Employment”