Gibson Dunn grade cutoffs

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
bk1

Re: Gibson Dunn grade cutoffs

Postby bk1 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:50 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I'd be wasting a bid on Gibson SF/SV with median at CCN, yes?

if you ask gunners, they're going to say yes. bid them if you want them. everyone else will. and since when has being median at t6 stopped anyone from trying?

This is terrible general advice. There are plenty of firms that would be a waste of a bid for someone at median at CCN. Bid slots, especially top bid slots, are precious and it is stupid to waste them on firms that are highly unlikely. Now, I don't know if this applies to Gibson SF/SV, but there are firms that it definitely applies to.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:39 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I'd be wasting a bid on Gibson SF/SV with median at CCN, yes?

Are you from NorCal? Might be worth it as a reach if you interview well.

Yeah I'm from NorCal. Guess I'll throw a bid in there, albeit maybe not a top one. Thanks guys :)

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:00 am

bk1 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

if you ask gunners, they're going to say yes. bid them if you want them. everyone else will. and since when has being median at t6 stopped anyone from trying?

This is terrible general advice. There are plenty of firms that would be a waste of a bid for someone at median at CCN. Bid slots, especially top bid slots, are precious and it is stupid to waste them on firms that are highly unlikely. Now, I don't know if this applies to Gibson SF/SV, but there are firms that it definitely applies to.

At CCN and from median, you have a shot at most firms besides a few selective ones in DC/LA and WLRK/Cravath (albeit firms like DPW or Debevoise would be reaches, I wouldn't say they're a "wasted" bid).

Gunners with higher grades will tell you it's not worth it because they want to feel like they earned consideration.

I would guess that's what this poster was getting at.

Return to “Legal Employment”