Fordham Law OCI Bids---everyone ready??

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: Fordham Law OCI Bids---everyone ready??

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:11 pm

Have lots of friends on lr without offers and a decent number of friends on secondary journals with offers

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:32 pm

Nice! Good to hear our colleagues doing well. Where are all these offers coming from? My CB's all started last week and all I have had is silence so far....

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:39 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Can someone please post something about how awesome their callbacks have been going and that all of their friends are bathing in offers. Also, you/they cannot be 10% and LR. It's cheating. :?

The demeanor amongst 2L's is getting more frantic. Is anyone else at school noticing a change in the overall cheeriness of people? Well, at least the ones who participated in OCI.

I only hang out with happy people

That bring said, a friend who is not top 10% got an offer from a V5

Is he LR?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:36 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Can someone please post something about how awesome their callbacks have been going and that all of their friends are bathing in offers. Also, you/they cannot be 10% and LR. It's cheating. :?

The demeanor amongst 2L's is getting more frantic. Is anyone else at school noticing a change in the overall cheeriness of people? Well, at least the ones who participated in OCI.

I only hang out with happy people

That bring said, a friend who is not top 10% got an offer from a V5

Is he LR?

Nope. No moot court or DRS either.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:01 am

I started a thread for offers so we can keep track. This thread is getting cluttered with too much info.

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=215981

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:38 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Where the heck is Haynes & Boone?? Seems like no one has heard anything either way. Also, not true that tomorrow is some sort of deadline. I know a V100 firm that specifically told me that they would make decisions until early next week. It may be in the minority and mass mailing may still be prudent, but don't drink yourself into a coma just yet.

Had Haynes n Boone call back last week, silence ever since..

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:52 pm

Dechert and Kelley Drye dings via snail mail today

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:16 pm

Shearman ding

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:25 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Shearman ding

cb ding? or screener ding?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:47 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Dechert and Kelley Drye dings via snail mail today

Is that post cb or after a screener?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:08 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Shearman ding

cb ding? or screener ding?

Different poster, but I got a screener ding today.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:03 pm

Any news from Duane Morris? Haven't heard anything since the screener, which is probably a bad sign at this point.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:43 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Any news from Duane Morris? Haven't heard anything since the screener, which is probably a bad sign at this point.
i am at NYU an also have not ears since screener

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:19 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Dechert and Kelley Drye dings via snail mail today

Is that post cb or after a screener?

screener

MrAnon

Postby MrAnon » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:12 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I hate to be the bearer of bad news to people... but... if by Tuesday of this week you have yet to be offered a callback by a v100 firm, it is likely very safe to assume that you will not be garnering a cb. At this point it is time to start thinking about direct mailings, smaller firms, other options available to you for the upcoming summer.

It seems that this was a rough year for Fordham across the board... time to move on from EIW and start looking at other options.

Many firms are moving to a staff attorney model in litigation. These jobs won't be available in OCI but will be after graduation. Granted, they start at significantly less than associate pay (think 70k-80k range) but it is something.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:43 am

MrAnon wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I hate to be the bearer of bad news to people... but... if by Tuesday of this week you have yet to be offered a callback by a v100 firm, it is likely very safe to assume that you will not be garnering a cb. At this point it is time to start thinking about direct mailings, smaller firms, other options available to you for the upcoming summer.

It seems that this was a rough year for Fordham across the board... time to move on from EIW and start looking at other options.

Many firms are moving to a staff attorney model in litigation. These jobs won't be available in OCI but will be after graduation. Granted, they start at significantly less than associate pay (think 70k-80k range) but it is something.

What is the point of these jobs (at least at the entry/ first career level) if there are no opportunities for advancement?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:38 am

3Ls having any luck with the OCI?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:57 pm

Don't lose hope yet. Just got a CB from Haynes and Boone. It's late in the game, but they're still doing CB's. Maybe other firms will be doing the same in the next week or so.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:53 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Where the heck is Haynes & Boone?? Seems like no one has heard anything either way. Also, not true that tomorrow is some sort of deadline. I know a V100 firm that specifically told me that they would make decisions until early next week. It may be in the minority and mass mailing may still be prudent, but don't drink yourself into a coma just yet.

Did they give you an approximate timeline as to when they would get back to you?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:30 pm

Some more callbacks may open up as people start to cancel interviews. I know someone who canceled six interviews after accepting an offer - so spots may still be opening up ... they will just be less frequent :(

MrAnon

Postby MrAnon » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:00 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
MrAnon wrote:

What is the point of these jobs (at least at the entry/ first career level) if there are no opportunities for advancement?

Well that's a good point. I guess the bigger picture is to have an awareness that there simply are not the same number of first year positions as there were last year or the year before.

Bronx Bum

Postby Bronx Bum » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:02 am

Anonymous User wrote:
MrAnon wrote:

These jobs>>>>>poor

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:29 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Did they give you an approximate timeline as to when they would get back to you?

No they didn't. And anyone hear from linklaters or schiff harden yet?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:11 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Know people with Linklaters CBs.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:31 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

silence from schiff hardin

Return to “Legal Employment”