HLS Transfer Bidlist

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

HLS Transfer Bidlist

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:41 pm

Any advice from any former transfers or anyone familiar with transfer prospects? How aggressive or conservative does a transfer need to be? Specifically with targeting NYC.

Anonymous User

Re: HLS Transfer Bidlist

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:45 pm

In general, you can be fairly aggressive. But don't go over the top. Make sure to get a number of solid firms that are slightly below the top tier. Hard to say bright line tiers or numbers, but I'm just saying don't bank on V10's alone. Get a solid number of V15-30 firms in there. When I transferred (not to HLS, but to a T6), I was a bit too aggressive with the V10-15 firms. Most of the transfers at my school ended up with good firms, but slightly below that top tier. The few that got Skadden, SullCrom, etc. were the ones with work experience. I'd imagine the same general trends would be present at HLS vs. my T6. So definitely get those reaches in there, but include a solid number of slightly less elite firms, which should be the main focus of your bidding.

JamMasterJ

Postby JamMasterJ » Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:06 pm

bid based on your grades at your old school

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:22 pm

Rising 2L at HLS here, I don't know much about the NY market, but I would recommend making an appointment with an OCS advisor and also with one of the NY regional market recruiters ASAP. They are very helpful with putting together a realistic bid list based on your background, and I think the market recruiter slots are filling up really quickly.

Return to “Legal Employment”