Help: Berkeley Transfer Bidlist

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Help: Berkeley Transfer Bidlist

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:13 pm

3.89 GPA from 1L year (#3/~200) and interested in transactional work. This is the first bidlist I've drawn up and I know it needs a ton of work, so please let me know how you'd move things around!

Wilson Sonsini (Palo Alto)
Cooley (Palo Alto)
Ropes & Gray (SF)
Morrison & Foerster (SF)
Sidley Austin (SF)
Jones Day (SF)
Latham & Watkins (SF)
O’Melveny & [deleted] (SF)
Baker & McKenzie (SF)
Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe (SF)
Mayer Brown (Palo Alto)
Simpson Thatcher (Palo Alto)
Kirkland & Ellis (SF)
Pilsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman (SF)
Skadden, Arps, Slat, Meagher & Flom (Palo Alto)
Sidley Austin (LA)
DLA Piper (SF)
Baker Botts (Palo Alto)
Sedgwick (SF)
K&L Gates (SF)
King & Spalding (Redwood Shores)
Winston & Strawn (SF)
Covington & Burling (SF)
Farella Braun + Martel (SF)
Morgan, Lewis & Bocklus (SF)
Troutman Sanders (Irvine)
Sullivan & Cromwell (NY)
Perkins Cole (Palo Alto)
Nixon Peabody (SF)
Shearman & Sterling (SF)
Rutan & Tucker (Costa Mesa)
Simpson Thatcher & Bartlett (Palo Alto)
Reed Smith (SF)
Munger, Tolles & Olson (LA)
Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton (LA)
Irell & Manella (LA)
Sidley Austin (LA)
Arnold & Porter (LA)
Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy (LA)
Proskauer Rose (LA)
Skadden, Arps, Slat, Meagher & Flom (LA)
Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe (Menlo Park)
Goodwin Proctor (SF)
O’Melveny & [deleted] (Newport Beach)
Holland & Knight (SF)
Jenner & Block (Chi)
Keker & Van Nest (SF)
O’Melveny & [deleted] (Newport Beach)
White & Case (LA)
Gunderson Dettmer Stough Villenevue Franklin & Hachigian (Palo Alto)
Crowell & Moring (DC)
Cravath, Swaine & Moore (NY)
Hogan Lovells (DC)
Foley & Lardner (LA)
Davis Polk & Wardwell (NY)
Drinker Biddle & Reath (SF)
White & Case (LA)

Anonymous User

Re: Help: Berkeley Transfer Bidlist

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:45 pm

Why place Cooley so high if they have a 60% bid/interview ratio?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:08 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Why place Cooley so high if they have a 60% bid/interview ratio?

They appear to make a relatively high number of offers, so I didn't want to be one of the 40% that didn't get an interview... How low do you think I can place them while still remaining very likely to get an interview?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:22 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Why place Cooley so high if they have a 60% bid/interview ratio?

They appear to make a relatively high number of offers, so I didn't want to be one of the 40% that didn't get an interview... How low do you think I can place them while still remaining very likely to get an interview?

Honest to god, I couldn't tell you. I'm also going through the same process so I'd hate to give you false information (I'm looking for the answer to that very question). I just know that they give a massive amount of interviews.

This is why it's silly that they don't tell us what the average bid ranking for these firms are. So what is they got 100 bids. Did they get mostly #1's or mostly #50's? I think it's silly the way Berkeley puts this whole system together.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:26 pm

Anonymous User wrote:This is why it's silly that they don't tell us what the average bid ranking for these firms are. So what is they got 100 bids. Did they get mostly #1's or mostly #50's? I think it's silly the way Berkeley puts this whole system together.

Has anyone tried emailing the career office to see if they could give a rankings estimate of firms? We're already in now, so I guess we don't have to worry about the obnoxiousness level of our emails... and it would be good to have everything done since it's write-on now O_O

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:30 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:This is why it's silly that they don't tell us what the average bid ranking for these firms are. So what is they got 100 bids. Did they get mostly #1's or mostly #50's? I think it's silly the way Berkeley puts this whole system together.

Has anyone tried emailing the career office to see if they could give a rankings estimate of firms? We're already in now, so I guess we don't have to worry about the obnoxiousness level of our emails... and it would be good to have everything done since it's write-on now O_O

I have a phone call scheduled with the CSO today so I'll ask and post the response (assuming it will be that they don't have that information or can't share it).

Oh, and about that write-on: :(

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:33 pm

Anonymous User wrote:

The general response is to make an appointment to speak with them and discuss your bid sheet. I appreciate the effort in that gesture, but it just doesn't seem to make sense for them to not realize something as simple as an "average bid position" on their data sheet.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:33 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

I have a phone call scheduled with the CSO today so I'll ask and post the response (assuming it will be that they don't have that information or can't share it).

That sucks guys. I pissed and moaned about it starting one day after our last final. But having to do it now is probably much worse.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:39 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

That sucks guys. I pissed and moaned about it starting one day after our last final. But having to do it now is probably much worse.

This is my second write-on of the summer. My old school requires everyone to do the write-on, regardless of grades.

sap

Postby sap » Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:40 pm

Is it just me or is there no data in the spreadsheet for Gibson Dunn Palo Alto?

Return to “Legal Employment”