Mass Mailing and Transfers

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Mass Mailing and Transfers

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:57 am

I haven't heard back from all schools yet, but I do have acceptances so I haven't decided where I'm headed in the fall. Should I wait until that's figured out to mass mail? I just don't want to miss the boat on mass mailing...but I don't know what to put on my resume either.

Anonymous User

Re: Mass Mailing and Transfers

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:00 pm

Ha... Well I MM'd a bunch of places earlier this past week w/ XYZ School (deposit paid, ready to attend) above my 1L school... then, I was accepted to my top choice, and longshot, on Friday... *faaaLOLaaack*

FWP doe, it's all good... most of them will be at my new schools OCI :D

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:16 am

Bump. Anyone have an answer to this?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:01 am

I sent out a few with the school I'll be attending if I don't get my top choice, but only to the market I'm visiting next week. I would think twice before sending out any mass mails that aren't time sensitive (travel for screeners) since most schools will probably have another round out next week and if you say you're going to school x on your resume and say school y in an interview, there's always a risk that you could offend an interviewer who went to school x that you declined. I don't know, though, it's just my best guess.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:53 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Ha... Well I MM'd a bunch of places earlier this past week w/ XYZ School (deposit paid, ready to attend) above my 1L school... then, I was accepted to my top choice, and longshot, on Friday... *faaaLOLaaack*

...and by this you mean what exactly?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:39 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Ha... Well I MM'd a bunch of places earlier this past week w/ XYZ School (deposit paid, ready to attend) above my 1L school... then, I was accepted to my top choice, and longshot, on Friday... *faaaLOLaaack*

...and by this you mean what exactly?

Sorry, I was excited when I wrote that...I can see that it didnt provide much help.

I guess what I am saying is that it's not really an issue to me. I emailed (and will email more) firms again to reiterate my interest and to provided another updated copy of my résumé.

One recruiter congratulated me and told me to simply bid the firm at OCI and to resubmit my résumé on their online application. Another recruiter dinged me before I sent a new résumé and I responded by telling her of my recent acceptance and that I'd gladly forward an updated résumé at her request.

Some of the firms that are not at my new schools OCI will either appreciate my application package or they will not; sending a new (better?) school in an updated résumé will probably not change their decision.

The way I see it, my name crosses their eyes twice... Regardless of whether they actually read my application the first time, they may remember it when looking at OCI bids. MMing is a #'s game and I frankly don't know how much I stack up compared to students at better schools that didnt transfer. The recruiter will either like my application or he/she will not.

Return to “Legal Employment”