SEMW 2013 (Vandy, Tulane, Wash U)

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

SEMW 2013 (Vandy, Tulane, Wash U)

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:22 am

Didn't see one of these for this year, so here we go. List your screeners, callbacks, and interview experiences!

Anonymous User

Re: SEMW 2013 (Vandy, Tulane, Wash U)

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:24 am

I heard sullcrom, JD, Seward Kissel, Cahill, and wilmerhale have put out interview lists

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:32 pm

Cravath is out.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:58 pm

Any idea about the chances for alternates in NYC? I got Skadden's Wilmington office and then 5 alternates.

Also I'm a bit annoyed that nothing is showing up as "not selected," just pending.

One more thing: the homepage says that the FCC and DoT are posted for DC...but I can't see those employers listed. Anyone know why this might be?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:35 pm

I've already had 2 alternates turn into selects, for what it is worth. I imagine the later we go the less likely that is.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:42 pm

Interviews at Cravath, S&C, Skadden, DPW, Weil, Cleary, Jones Day, Wilmer, Proskauer, Cahill, Milbank, SRZ, Seward, Olshan Frome.

Alternate: White & Case

Waiting on Chadbourne, Shearman & Blank Rome.

Did not bid Fitzpatrick, and offered a spot at Skadden DE but I'm not sure if I'll accept it. I think taking a second to breathe at some point might be credited.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:38 pm

Got an interview at Chamberlain in Atlanta. Anyone get anything else in Atlanta?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:17 am

Anonymous User wrote:I've already had 2 alternates turn into selects, for what it is worth. I imagine the later we go the less likely that is.

You had alternates for the NYC program already become interviews??

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:20 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I've already had 2 alternates turn into selects, for what it is worth. I imagine the later we go the less likely that is.

So are the alternates ranked or what?

Also anyone else notice that if you filter by "with invitations" you can see alternates and interviews coming ahead of time? (you can't tell which)

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:33 am

So if it just says pending on invitations, that means we are probably boned, right?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:13 am

Anonymous User wrote:So if it just says pending on invitations, that means we are probably boned, right?

Yeah probably. For some reason they decided to not have it say "not selected" which is kind of annoying.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:19 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:So if it just says pending on invitations, that means we are probably boned, right?

Yeah probably. For some reason they decided to not have it say "not selected" which is kind of annoying.

I'm not sure why that would necessarily be true- why would it appear under "with invitations" in the first place if you weren't going to get an interview or alternate? I had a firm under "with invitations" this morning, and then another one was added just recently. I don't see why they'd bother putting them there if you weren't going to be at least an alternate.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:27 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

I'm not sure why that would necessarily be true- why would it appear under "with invitations" in the first place if you weren't going to get an interview or alternate? I had a firm under "with invitations" this morning, and then another one was added just recently. I don't see why they'd bother putting them there if you weren't going to be at least an alternate.

I thought he just meant looking at everything, under the invitations column.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:32 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

I thought he just meant looking at everything, under the invitations column.

Oh, I think he meant that instead of being on "show all," you can click on the "with invitations" and get a preview of what's to come. For example, of the three remaining firms I have that haven't put out a schedule, two appear under the "with invitations" view, which leads me to believe I'll either get an interview or an alternate. As for the third firm, maybe they're just moving slower, or maybe I won't get an interview.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:33 am

Anonymous User wrote:

Yep. "You have been selected for an interview with WilmerHale at the program. You were originally chosen as an alternate but have now been selected to interview." Had that for another firm also. The WilmerHale one was on friday, so I'd imagine the alternates are ranked, and as soon as a preselect declines someone gets bumped.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:37 am

I've had Blank Rome showing up under "with invitations" as "pending" since about 8:30 this morning (CST). Something tells me I have a 6th alternate coming my way...

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:53 am

Anonymous User wrote:I've had Blank Rome showing up under "with invitations" as "pending" since about 8:30 this morning (CST). Something tells me I have a 6th alternate coming my way...

It could also be an interview.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:55 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I've had Blank Rome showing up under "with invitations" as "pending" since about 8:30 this morning (CST). Something tells me I have a 6th alternate coming my way...

Yeah but right now I'm sitting on 1 interview (for Wilmington no less) to 5 alternates so my optimism is a bit strained.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:02 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Yeah but right now I'm sitting on 1 interview (for Wilmington no less) to 5 alternates so my optimism is a bit strained.

Understandable.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:13 pm

Any updates from DC or Atlanta today?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:21 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Any updates from DC or Atlanta today?

Venable is out in DC.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:36 pm

the reason DoT and FCC might not be viewable is because the interviews are only for the honors hire program for 3Ls/permanent post-law school employment so rising 2Ls can't apply.
that being said, anyone gotten a repsonse from those? mine are not showing any change and i can't tell if that means rejection:(

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:47 pm

Anonymous User wrote:the reason DoT and FCC might not be viewable is because the interviews are only for the honors hire program for 3Ls/permanent post-law school employment so rising 2Ls can't apply.
that being said, anyone gotten a repsonse from those? mine are not showing any change and i can't tell if that means rejection:(

Yeah that's what I've heard. And yes, I believe it does mean that. If the homepage lists that employer as having returned its list, and you still have "pending" then you have not been selected.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:23 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:the reason DoT and FCC might not be viewable is because the interviews are only for the honors hire program for 3Ls/permanent post-law school employment so rising 2Ls can't apply.

Yeah that's what I've heard. And yes, I believe it does mean that. If the homepage lists that employer as having returned its list, and you still have "pending" then you have not been selected.

aw man. super bummed. DoT was like my dream job. wonder what they were looking for.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:33 pm

Anonymous User wrote:

Blank Rome is out. 6th alternate.

Return to “Legal Employment”