Lawyers have zero public esteem (Pew Poll)

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
LawBrah

Lawyers have zero public esteem (Pew Poll)

Postby LawBrah » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:45 pm

http://www.pewforum.org/Other-Demograph ... -High.aspx

knew i should have done TFA --> med school :(

Bronte

Re: Lawyers have zero public esteem (Pew Poll)

Postby Bronte » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:50 pm

Looks to me like over half of the respondents said lawyers make either some contribution or a large contribution to society. In any event, lawyers occupy a strange place in public perception--a love-hate relationship, if you will. People only like them when they need them.

Mroberts3

Postby Mroberts3 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:04 pm

Interesting find. Can't say I'm surprised about either the military or lawyers.

What does boggle my mind is that 30% of the country think that doctors and scientists don't contribute to society. What on EARTH are these people smoking? I started to type out why this belief is so ridiculous but then realized anyone who doesn't already agree with me wasn't going to be persuaded. :)

Jimbo_Jones

Postby Jimbo_Jones » Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:04 pm

The two highest rated are some of the lowest average salaries while the two lowest rated are some of the highest average salaries. Ain't that a bitch.

guano

Postby guano » Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:17 pm

Mroberts3 wrote:Interesting find. Can't say I'm surprised about either the military or lawyers.

What does boggle my mind is that 30% of the country think that doctors and scientists don't contribute to society. What on EARTH are these people smoking? I started to type out why this belief is so ridiculous but then realized anyone who doesn't already agree with me wasn't going to be persuaded. :)

Considering how many states require teaching creationism alongside Darwinism, I'm not surprised.

jkay

Postby jkay » Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:19 pm

Clergy gets double lawyers.

Fucking amazing. On so many levels.

Return to “Legal Employment”