UChicago OCI 2013

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273084
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago OCI 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:48 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Any Baker Hostetler DC info?


I'm waiting.


Anyone with a decision? Getting to the wire with another firm but don't want to rush them.


Don't feel bad about rushing them. If you are approaching another deadline, tell them. They understand. And showing you are interested can't hurt.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273084
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago OCI 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:57 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Any Baker Hostetler DC info?


I'm waiting.


Anyone with a decision? Getting to the wire with another firm but don't want to rush them.


Don't feel bad about rushing them. If you are approaching another deadline, tell them. They understand. And showing you are interested can't hurt.


I disagree. While it is probably okay, its smarter to email the firm you have an offer with and ask for an extension. Why force a firm into dinging you without trying to extend the sure-thing?

(Had experience with this. Right after I said I had an upcoming deadline a ding was sent via email)

Anonymous User
Posts: 273084
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago OCI 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:58 pm

Any post-CB movement from Drinker?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273084
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago OCI 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:22 pm

Any post-CB movement from Bryan Cave?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273084
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago OCI 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:52 pm

Any word post-CB from Sidley Chicago? I was hoping to hear on Friday...

Anonymous User
Posts: 273084
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago OCI 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:03 pm

Anyone else not hear back from a Wilmer NY screener yet? Are dings snail mail or e-mail?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273084
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago OCI 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:09 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Any word post-CB from Sidley Chicago? I was hoping to hear on Friday...

Still no word here. Am debating pestering them.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273084
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago OCI 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:13 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone else not hear back from a Wilmer NY screener yet? Are dings snail mail or e-mail?


I don't go to U of C, but it took a long time for me to get my ding and it was via email. I heard others at my school received their dings quickly, but it took them two or three weeks to ding me post-screener.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273084
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago OCI 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:20 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Any word post-CB from Sidley Chicago? I was hoping to hear on Friday...

Still no word here. Am debating pestering them.


No word either and I was one of the first CBs. I know they're fine taking their time, but they are reaaaally taking their time.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273084
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago OCI 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:23 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Any word post-CB from Sidley Chicago? I was hoping to hear on Friday...

Still no word here. Am debating pestering them.


No word either and I was one of the first CBs. I know they're fine taking their time, but they are reaaaally taking their time.


Ok, at least glad to hear I'm not alone here. Thanks!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273084
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago OCI 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:36 am

Any Latham Chicago offers and, if so, when was the callback?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273084
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago OCI 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:22 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Any Latham Chicago offers and, if so, when was the callback?


No word yet from Latham (Chi), had my CB early last week...

Anonymous User
Posts: 273084
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago OCI 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:36 pm

Crickets still from Sidley?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273084
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago OCI 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:26 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Crickets still from Sidley?


Chicago?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273084
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago OCI 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:11 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Crickets still from Sidley?


Chicago?

Snail mail post-callback reject from Sidley Chicago over the weekend. Don't most firms use email for that sort of thing?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273084
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago OCI 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:47 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Crickets still from Sidley?


Chicago?

Snail mail post-callback reject from Sidley Chicago over the weekend. Don't most firms use email for that sort of thing?


Latham sent a snail mail post-cb ding.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273084
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago OCI 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:55 pm

Just wanted to point out that I've been really happy about everyone not being dicks about their offers. From a social standpoint, OCI was a lot less awful than I thought it would be (quibbles on TLS aside)

Anonymous User
Posts: 273084
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago OCI 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:37 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Just wanted to point out that I've been really happy about everyone not being dicks about their offers. From a social standpoint, OCI was a lot less awful than I thought it would be (quibbles on TLS aside)


I've seen people be dicks to some of my good friends (maybe you just hang out with a good group of people). If someone is being a dick try to ignore them.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273084
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago OCI 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:20 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Crickets still from Sidley?


Chicago?

Snail mail post-callback reject from Sidley Chicago over the weekend. Don't most firms use email for that sort of thing?


Latham sent a snail mail post-cb ding.


Just curious when the CB was and the time frame from CB-->ding...been waiting a bit with no word. Sorry to be this guy...

From Latham, not Sidley

Anonymous User
Posts: 273084
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago OCI 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:59 pm

Just curious when the CB was and the time frame from CB-->ding...been waiting a bit with no word. Sorry to be this guy...

From Latham, not Sidley


CB was the week after OCI and the ding was dated two days later. But that was for the DC office.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273084
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago OCI 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:09 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Just curious when the CB was and the time frame from CB-->ding...been waiting a bit with no word. Sorry to be this guy...

From Latham, not Sidley


CB was the week after OCI and the ding was dated two days later. But that was for the DC office.


Thank you

Anonymous User
Posts: 273084
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago OCI 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:06 pm

Any post-callback news from Baker & McKenzie?




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.