UChicago OCI 2013

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273072
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago OCI 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:37 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Latham Chi ding
Kirkland Chi ding (no word from Kirkland NY, which was ages ago)
Cleary NY CB

178-179, LR


When was your Cleary CB?


I'm previous Cleary CB poster. It was ~4pm.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273072
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago OCI 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:41 pm

Cadwalader NY CB

Anonymous User
Posts: 273072
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago OCI 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:47 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Latham Chi ding
Kirkland Chi ding (no word from Kirkland NY, which was ages ago)
Cleary NY CB

178-179, LR


When was your Cleary CB?


I'm previous Cleary CB poster. It was ~4pm.


Thanks, and congrats.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273072
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago OCI 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:51 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Latham Chi ding
Kirkland Chi ding (no word from Kirkland NY, which was ages ago)
Cleary NY CB

178-179, LR


When was your Cleary CB?


I'm previous Cleary CB poster. It was ~4pm.


Thanks, and congrats.


Thanks - going to decline. Hope the spot goes to you.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273072
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago OCI 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:58 pm

To the person above declining Cleary NY, thanks from those of us who are waiting! Wish more people did this.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273072
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago OCI 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:59 pm

Holland and Knight NY ding

Anonymous User
Posts: 273072
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago OCI 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:00 pm

Gibson Dunn NY snail-mail ding. Latham Chi snail-mail ding. Ouch.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273072
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago OCI 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:38 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Gibson Dunn NY snail-mail ding. Latham Chi snail-mail ding. Ouch.


Any CB's from Latham CHI out there?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273072
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago OCI 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:42 pm

Mayer Brown Chicago CB

Anonymous User
Posts: 273072
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago OCI 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:21 pm

Irell LA ding via email.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273072
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago OCI 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:54 pm

Perkins Coie SV cb by email

Anonymous User
Posts: 273072
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago OCI 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:04 pm

Any S&C dings yet?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273072
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago OCI 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:23 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Thanks - going to decline. Hope the spot goes to you.


Why are you declining Cleary?
(just wondering)

Anonymous User
Posts: 273072
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago OCI 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:24 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Thanks - going to decline. Hope the spot goes to you.


Why are you declining Cleary?
(just wondering)


Want to be in Chicago!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273072
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago OCI 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:08 am

Anonymous User wrote:To the person above declining Cleary NY, thanks from those of us who are waiting! Wish more people did this.



I asked and OCS instructed me NOT to do this. If you want to be angry at anyone, be pissed at them.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273072
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago OCI 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:35 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:To the person above declining Cleary NY, thanks from those of us who are waiting! Wish more people did this.



I asked and OCS instructed me NOT to do this. If you want to be angry at anyone, be pissed at them.


People don't have to listen to OCS though. If you don't want a firm and you know you don't want it then it makes sense to cancel a CB

Anonymous User
Posts: 273072
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago OCI 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:46 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:To the person above declining Cleary NY, thanks from those of us who are waiting! Wish more people did this.



I asked and OCS instructed me NOT to do this. If you want to be angry at anyone, be pissed at them.


People don't have to listen to OCS though. If you don't want a firm and you know you don't want it then it makes sense to cancel a CB


While I agree it's okay, every firm has an expected yield for callback offers (they know that a certain % will decline), so one person declining isn't necessarily going to open it up for someone else in the class. Most firms have a complete list of everyone that will get a callback at the time of decision. The exception to this is when firms want to be very careful about their yield for whatever reason, but that usually happens in smaller markets and smaller firms. Cleary NY doesn't fall into either group.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273072
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago OCI 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:45 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:To the person above declining Cleary NY, thanks from those of us who are waiting! Wish more people did this.



I asked and OCS instructed me NOT to do this. If you want to be angry at anyone, be pissed at them.


People don't have to listen to OCS though. If you don't want a firm and you know you don't want it then it makes sense to cancel a CB


While I agree it's okay, every firm has an expected yield for callback offers (they know that a certain % will decline), so one person declining isn't necessarily going to open it up for someone else in the class. Most firms have a complete list of everyone that will get a callback at the time of decision. The exception to this is when firms want to be very careful about their yield for whatever reason, but that usually happens in smaller markets and smaller firms. Cleary NY doesn't fall into either group.


+1. At least for NY, it's a safe bet that if you didn't hear from a firm on the day that you hear others getting callbacks, it's probably going to be a ding. Market moves lightning fast, so there's not really a rolling nature at this stage in the process.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273072
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago OCI 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:42 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:+1. At least for NY, it's a safe bet that if you didn't hear from a firm on the day that you hear others getting callbacks, it's probably going to be a ding. Market moves lightning fast, so there's not really a rolling nature at this stage in the process.

:cry:

Anonymous User
Posts: 273072
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago OCI 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:56 am

Has anyone heard one way or another from Mofo NY?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273072
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago OCI 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:34 pm

JD NY email ding.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273072
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago OCI 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:46 pm

Anonymous User wrote:JD NY email ding.


+1. one of the nicer form emails i've seen.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273072
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago OCI 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:49 pm

KE NY and Proskauer email dings

Anonymous User
Posts: 273072
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago OCI 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:54 pm

K&E Chicago offer, CB was this week.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273072
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago OCI 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:12 pm

Anonymous User wrote: While I agree it's okay, every firm has an expected yield for callback offers (they know that a certain % will decline), so one person declining isn't necessarily going to open it up for someone else in the class. Most firms have a complete list of everyone that will get a callback at the time of decision. The exception to this is when firms want to be very careful about their yield for whatever reason, but that usually happens in smaller markets and smaller firms. Cleary NY doesn't fall into either group.


I know for a fact this has happened in the "smaller market" (read: not New York) that I am targeting. Big ups to the people turning down the CBs they don't want.




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.