PwC Financial Services - Regulatory Advisory

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: PwC Financial Services - Regulatory Advisory

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:19 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Any more news? Bump for offers or hearing about a final round?

My friend went to the Superday today. She hasn't heard anything yet. According to her, decisions will be made in the next week. However, an alum there now received theirs hours after their Superday last year.

This is true. Although I would assume it does not bode well if you don't hear before Monday.

I know someone last year who got an offer 1-2 weeks later.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:40 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Any more news? Bump for offers or hearing about a final round?

My friend went to the Superday today. She hasn't heard anything yet. According to her, decisions will be made in the next week. However, an alum there now received theirs hours after their Superday last year.

This is true. Although I would assume it does not bode well if you don't hear before Monday.

I know someone last year who got an offer 1-2 weeks later.

Interesting. It would be great to know how many people they are looking to take. There has been some conflicting information in this thread. But perhaps, as this group is expanding, it may be hard to get real hard knowledge on what the process is going to be like this year.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:40 pm

Word has it that rejections have gone out this afternoon.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:59 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Word has it that rejections have gone out this afternoon.

Via email? I saw earlier someone got a rejection phone call?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:16 pm

How did you come by this information, if you don't mind me asking?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:24 pm

Anonymous User wrote:

How did you come by this information, if you don't mind me asking?

Sure. My friend received a phone call from HR this afternoon.

sparty99

Postby sparty99 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:38 pm

I have a friend that got rejected too.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:58 am

Does anyone with an offer mind saying what the salary? there are conflicting numbers in this thread.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:56 pm

Anyone had an offer yet? Do they reject before they offer?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:28 pm

Bump

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:15 pm

Anyone with an offer still deciding? Any more thoughts on the job?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:30 pm

offer declined. hopefully one of you get it. good luck

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:10 pm

Accepted offer. Any other acceptances out there?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:30 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Accepted offer. Any other acceptances out there?

Congrats - mind explaining what factors went into your acceptance (ie, considering consulting vs law)? Is this a mostly NYC position, or is there a possibility of traveling 4 days a week?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:01 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Accepted offer. Any other acceptances out there?

Congrats - mind explaining what factors went into your acceptance (ie, considering consulting vs law)? Is this a mostly NYC position, or is there a possibility of traveling 4 days a week?

Thanks, not at all. With regard to the position, I was told that a majority of the clients are in NYC, therefore it is likely that assignments will be there. However, there is the possibility of traveling 4 days a week. I was told ~85% of the work for this group is in NYC.

When I made my decision, I went with the consulting route based on the type of work and the opportunities that come from taking this position. I am also interested in financial regulation and would like to take part in implementing various operations and procedures at financial institutions. PwC's reputation was also a relevant factor, and as they seem to be expanding/revamping their consulting practice it appears to be a good time to get my foot in the door.

In addition, options down the road may include getting hired by a client, branching out into other areas in management consulting at PwC, or going to a boutique consulting firm.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:14 pm

when did you get the offer? yesterday?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:08 pm

Anonymous User wrote:when did you get the offer? yesterday?

Couple of weeks ago.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:40 pm

wonder how many offers they extend. either way, $100k, $5k signing, avg. $5-15k year end bonus for those asking above.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:47 pm

Anonymous User wrote:wonder how many offers they extend. either way, $100k, $5k signing, avg. $5-15k year end bonus for those asking above.

Interesting. Someone mentioned that they were considering raising starting salary. Wonder if that just didn't come to pass. Any sense of what yearly promotions look like? Is it lockstep like big firms? The management consulting/wall st oasis sites aren't clear on the salary scale (for JDs at least).

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:02 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:wonder how many offers they extend. either way, $100k, $5k signing, avg. $5-15k year end bonus for those asking above.

Interesting. Someone mentioned that they were considering raising starting salary. Wonder if that just didn't come to pass. Any sense of what yearly promotions look like? Is it lockstep like big firms? The management consulting/wall st oasis sites aren't clear on the salary scale (for JDs at least).

I think those salaries are already raised. A few years ago it was closer to 80k.

sparty99

Postby sparty99 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:52 pm

Anonymous User wrote:

I don't know about PWC, but having worked at a competitor consulting firm, it is not lockstep. Based on merit and it can very. 0 to 15%. Its all about being chargeable and having a high utilization rate. Then the other things will come into play. Can you manage others ? Junior consultants, etc. It will be really important for you to work with a partner who loves you. This is an industry where you arrive to work early and stay late. Face time matters and attending firm networking events. They love to drink! But if you get a partner you really click with, the work will keep flowing...

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:31 pm

sparty99 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

I don't know about PWC, but having worked at a competitor consulting firm, it is not lockstep. Based on merit and it can very. 0 to 15%. Its all about being chargeable and having a high utilization rate. Then the other things will come into play. Can you manage others ? Junior consultants, etc. It will be really important for you to work with a partner who loves you. This is an industry where you arrive to work early and stay late. Face time matters and attending firm networking events. They love to drink! But if you get a partner you really click with, the work will keep flowing...

PwC is not lockstep. It'll take at least 2 years to make manager from the Senior Associate role, and probably more, since MBAs are promoted at a faster rate, regardless of ability. Then from manager, it is much more about what projects you are on, what partners know you and how much business you can bring in (yes, it starts that early). You will get small (7-10%) base salary raises, and bonus are generally anywhere from 3-11% (assuming you are rated middle to top of the pack). The 15% bonuses are for the very top people at the firm and it is very unlikely that you will be one in your first year (not enough time to prove yourself).

That being said, it is a great experience. If you are really good (some JDs are), partners and directors will jump over each other to work with you, clients will want to have you on their projects and you will get great experience managing others, large scale projects and learning about the nuances of finance, accounting, regulations and compliance. Definitely recommend this job for anyone who can get it.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:00 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
sparty99 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

PwC is not lockstep. It'll take at least 2 years to make manager from the Senior Associate role, and probably more, since MBAs are promoted at a faster rate, regardless of ability. Then from manager, it is much more about what projects you are on, what partners know you and how much business you can bring in (yes, it starts that early). You will get small (7-10%) base salary raises, and bonus are generally anywhere from 3-11% (assuming you are rated middle to top of the pack). The 15% bonuses are for the very top people at the firm and it is very unlikely that you will be one in your first year (not enough time to prove yourself).

That being said, it is a great experience. If you are really good (some JDs are), partners and directors will jump over each other to work with you, clients will want to have you on their projects and you will get great experience managing others, large scale projects and learning about the nuances of finance, accounting, regulations and compliance. Definitely recommend this job for anyone who can get it.

Thanks for the info! So managers' compensation is directly tied to their book of business? Is there a large spread between the lowest paid manager and the highest paid you think?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:50 pm

What do exit options look like from this position? How much can you expect to be earning 5 years in after JD?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:13 pm

Bump.

Return to “Legal Employment”