"facetime"

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
musicfor18

"facetime"

Postby musicfor18 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:36 am

What exactly does "no facetime requirement" mean? Does it literally mean you can work from home so long as you have no meetings/court? Or does it mean you can work from home occasionally?

Bronte

Re: "facetime"

Postby Bronte » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:06 pm

I would not take it that literally. I think it means that no one is going to make sure you're in the office every minute from 9am to 7pm. But I don't think it really says anything about the extent to which it's ok to work from home. In any event, it's the kind of law firm recruiting puffery that I wouldn't put that much stock into.

bk1

Re: "facetime"

Postby bk1 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:08 pm

Bronte wrote:I would not take it that literally. I think it means that no one is going to make sure you're in the office every minute from 9am to 7pm. But I don't think it really says anything about the extent to which it's ok to work from home. In any event, it's the kind of law firm recruiting puffery that I wouldn't put that much stock into.

Generally agreed, though I wouldn't go so far as to say that it should be completely ignored, you just need to cut through the bullshit. It seems to me that the expectation of being in your office at NY firms tends to be different than at CA firms.

Return to “Legal Employment”