Fordham Law Post-graduate Jobs

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
yankeesjn

Fordham Law Post-graduate Jobs

Postby yankeesjn » Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:30 pm

I'm currently looking into Fordham law, and while some statistics for employment are available, I know a lot of numbers can be skewed. One of the few numbers that I know I can trust is the NLJ-250 list of law schools that get the highest percentages of their graduates into the largest 250 law firms. In the most recent numbers, Fordham was shown to have gotten 23% of their graduates jobs at the largest 250 law firms, which is relatively good outside of the T-14. I would like to know if anyone has any information on what percentage of Fordham law graduates are believed to get legitimate legal positions after graduation. By this I mean, the percentage of Fordham law graduates who get legal jobs that pay a decent salary (like 60-65k plus). In other words, legal positions that are legitimate and real and not "fake" like doing legal work in a warehouse for a 30k salary. I know this number is not going to be readily available because law schools find all kinds of ways to skew the numbers, but for anyone who thinks they have some good knowledge about this, I would love if you could help me in answering this question. I basically want to know what my chances are of being a "real" lawyer are if I graduate from Fordham law.

Thanks!

rad lulz

Re: Fordham Law Post-graduate Jobs

Postby rad lulz » Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:32 pm

lawschooltransparency.com

63% of Fordham students c/o 2012 got full time, long term, bar passage required jobs

kryptix

Postby kryptix » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:00 am

Fordham does have a very bimodal distribution though... Its pretty much like either 160k or 45k...

Paul Campos

Postby Paul Campos » Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:04 pm

yankeesjn wrote:I'm currently looking into Fordham law, and while some statistics for employment are available, I know a lot of numbers can be skewed. One of the few numbers that I know I can trust is the NLJ-250 list of law schools that get the highest percentages of their graduates into the largest 250 law firms. In the most recent numbers, Fordham was shown to have gotten 23% of their graduates jobs at the largest 250 law firms, which is relatively good outside of the T-14. I would like to know if anyone has any information on what percentage of Fordham law graduates are believed to get legitimate legal positions after graduation. By this I mean, the percentage of Fordham law graduates who get legal jobs that pay a decent salary (like 60-65k plus). In other words, legal positions that are legitimate and real and not "fake" like doing legal work in a warehouse for a 30k salary. I know this number is not going to be readily available because law schools find all kinds of ways to skew the numbers, but for anyone who thinks they have some good knowledge about this, I would love if you could help me in answering this question. I basically want to know what my chances are of being a "real" lawyer are if I graduate from Fordham law.

Thanks!

You know who has the bolded information? Fordham, since they're required to report it to NALP and the ABA. Why don't you ask them for it? Here's a basic rule: don't apply to a law school that doesn't share this information with applicants.

Return to “Legal Employment”