Plaintiffs firms SF Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Plaintiffs firms SF

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:29 am

What are good plaintiffs firms that a 3.1 GULC with good SF ties can email?

anon168

Silver

Re: Plaintiffs firms SF

Post by anon168 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:08 am

Anonymous User wrote:What are good plaintiffs firms that a 3.1 GULC with good SF ties can email?
Lieff, Robbins Geller, Cochett -- for plaintiffs' side securities work

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:33 am

anon168 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:What are good plaintiffs firms that a 3.1 GULC with good SF ties can email?
These are the firms that come to mind immediately for me, too, when I think "SF Plaintiffs" but I know Lieff is highly grades selective and I'm pretty sure the other two are as well. It's worth giving these guys a shot but I'd also try to extend your search to smaller firms. Unfortunately I don't know the names of those firms, but maybe good places to look would be SF legal publications. This document has a decent list, but I have this weird recollection that some of those firms aren't really plaintiffs firms. Worth looking at though:

--LinkRemoved--

anon168

Silver

Post by anon168 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:04 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
anon168 wrote:
These are the firms that come to mind immediately for me, too, when I think "SF Plaintiffs" but I know Lieff is highly grades selective and I'm pretty sure the other two are as well. It's worth giving these guys a shot but I'd also try to extend your search to smaller firms. Unfortunately I don't know the names of those firms, but maybe good places to look would be SF legal publications. This document has a decent list, but I have this weird recollection that some of those firms aren't really plaintiffs firms. Worth looking at though:

--LinkRemoved--
That's not exactly accurate.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:39 pm

curious about this as well. i'm NYC biglaw looking to lateral to SF plaintiffs side.

anon168 can you elaborate?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

anon168

Silver

Post by anon168 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:09 pm

Anonymous User wrote:curious about this as well. i'm NYC biglaw looking to lateral to SF plaintiffs side.

anon168 can you elaborate?

Cotchett is not grade conscious. Nor is Robbins Geller. Leiff maybe in comparison to Cotchett and Robbins Geller, but in practice it's not that hard to get a job there -- assuming they are hiring, which is the biggest barrier with them.

The only real grade conscious firm on the "left" side of the V in SF is probably Altshuler Berzon.

Feel free to PM if you want more info.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:21 pm

anon168 wrote: Cotchett is not grade conscious. Nor is Robbins Geller. Leiff maybe in comparison to Cotchett and Robbins Geller, but in practice it's not that hard to get a job there -- assuming they are hiring, which is the biggest barrier with them.
Anon who said they were grade conscious.

You're right re Cotchett and RG, thanks for correcting me. I think you underestimate the difficulty of getting a job at Lieff - not everybody has your (substantial) experience, 168.

Nammertat

Silver

Post by Nammertat » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:41 pm

Dechert also does a lot of plaintiff work in CA... and a fair amount of troll.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”