Below Median Abyss at P: Bid List Due Tomorrow

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Below Median Abyss at P: Bid List Due Tomorrow

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:57 am

Last edited by Anonymous User on Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bronck

Re: Below Median Abyss at P: Bid List Due Tomorrow

Postby Bronck » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:06 am

Why do you have selective firms on here like Weil, Paul Weiss, KE, Latham, Cleary and Debevoise?

I know you have 60 bids, which is a ton, but I have to imagine you can better use bids like that.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:11 am

Bronck wrote:Why do you have selective firms on here like Weil, Paul Weiss, KE, Latham, Cleary and Debevoise?

I know you have 60 bids, which is a ton, but I have to imagine you can better use bids like that.

To be honest, there aren't any more NYC/CA firms that I could conceivably put there. Should I replace them with Philadelphia firms or just move them down?

Nelson

Postby Nelson » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:59 pm

You are only going to get bids in your top 30 so I would only focus on those. You can throw on more firms at the end but you aren't going to get interviews.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:02 pm

Nelson wrote:You are only going to get bids in your top 30 so I would only focus on those. You can throw on more firms at the end but you aren't going to get interviews.

This isn't true, I got at least five firms outside my top 30 last year.

OP I think your bid list looks OK (though I'd move Schulte and Brown Rudnick up, and drop Wilson Sonsini entirely), but I'd start brainstorming outside-of-OCI strategies, like, yesterday. think about smaller markets you have ties to and, if you're dead-set on NYC or another big market, look at the NLJ 250 to find firms that don't really do OCI but do have a summer program (they exist, I promise!). Good luck!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:55 pm

out of curiosity, why is venable so low? what's their grade cutoff at penn?

also from one below median T7 to another, i hope you get something you want

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:56 pm

Anonymous User wrote:out of curiosity, why is venable so low? what's their grade cutoff at penn?

also from one below median T7 to another, i hope you get something you want

I ended up removing Venable before submitting bids last night but I had them on there because there weren't any other NY firms to put, haha. Not sure on the grade data - the pie chart CPP gave us didn't have any grade info for Venable but GULC data posted in this thread talks about how Venable DC has made offers to below median students: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=159916&start=25

Thanks, everyone! I'm starting the mass mailing today.

Return to “Legal Employment”