What does this mean?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
6lehderjets

What does this mean?

Postby 6lehderjets » Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:31 pm

Lol. Should have expected nothing less from what TLS is becoming. Thanks for the "jokes" And "laughs"
Last edited by 6lehderjets on Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

rad lulz

Re: What does this mean?

Postby rad lulz » Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:38 pm

Last edited by rad lulz on Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

rad lulz

Postby rad lulz » Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:39 pm

.ferring to
Last edited by rad lulz on Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

rad lulz

Postby rad lulz » Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:39 pm

NanaP

Postby NanaP » Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:39 pm

rad lulz wrote:It means your resume is garbage and the stench of failure emanates from it

Ouch...a bit harsh

schweitziro

Postby schweitziro » Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:59 pm

NanaP wrote:
rad lulz wrote:It means your resume is garbage and the stench of failure emanates from it

Ouch...a bit harsh

rad lulz

Postby rad lulz » Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:01 pm

6lehderjets

Postby 6lehderjets » Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:07 pm

rad lulz wrote:Also lol @ the "plz do not quote - sensitive info"

Listen up, junior.

3 posts for one piece of semi-useful tidbit. You do know how the edit button works, right?

And as far your advice goes for not expecting a job from informational interviews- no shit, Sherlock. I've read the networking threads, I know how it works.

And to address your resume comment, I appreciate your feedback on something you've never seen. Seeing how you were bitching in the Vale for most of this year I'm assuming you have first-hand knowledge of what the stench of failure smells like.

While we are giving each other pro-tips, here's one: if all you're going to do is troll on the on-topic threads, stick to posting in the self-gratifying threads you create in the lounge.

Thanks again for your advice, asshat.

rad lulz

Postby rad lulz » Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:10 pm

Icculus

Postby Icculus » Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:11 pm

6lehderjets wrote:
rad lulz wrote:Also lol @ the "plz do not quote - sensitive info"

Listen up, junior.

3 posts for one piece of semi-useful tidbit. You do know how the edit button works, right?

And as far your advice goes for not expecting a job from informational interviews- no shit, Sherlock. I've read the networking threads, I know how it works.

And to address your resume comment, I appreciate your feedback on something you've never seen. Seeing how you were bitching in the Vale for most of this year I'm assuming you have first-hand knowledge of what the stench of failure smells like.

While we are giving each other pro-tips, here's one: if all you're going to do is troll on the on-topic threads, stick to posting in the self-gratifying threads you create in the lounge.

Thanks again for your advice, asshat.

Hey dickface,

He actually gave you some good advice, and it was on topic. Relax a bit. And really, there is no sensitive info in your post. NONE. You, a random internet citizen, is meeting some random person, for coffee in no particular state, never mind city, so yeah, you seem to think you are a bit more important than you are.

If you can't handle a little internet meesage board fun and trolling GTFO. And man, if you end up in the Vale I hope they throw you out for such a shit comment. Fuck you.

-Icculus.

Nova

Postby Nova » Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:14 pm

6lehderjets wrote:3 posts for one piece of semi-useful tidbit. You do know how the edit button works, right?

Who cares?

Thats basically what you asked ...
Is she basically saying not to expect a job offer to come out of this meeting?

Icculus

Postby Icculus » Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:15 pm

rad lulz wrote:I got a great idea: instead of us wildly speculating, maybe she will tell you in person what she is referring to

Also, this. OP, Go meet, talk with her about what you wanted to talk to her about, say thanks, get a card, go home, you neurotic ass. God, I never understood people like you who need advice about a simple meeting for coffee. How have you survived this long dealing with society if you can't handle such a simple situation without seeking the advice of anonymous internet message board members. And then you get serious advice and blast the guy trying to help you.

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:17 pm

rad lulz wrote:Srs poast

Probably means her firm is not hiring

Also you shouldn't expect job offers to come out of those types of meeting anyway

I got a great idea: instead of us wildly speculating, maybe she will tell you in person what she is referring to

I agree with all of this, though once in a while these meetings do wind up producing tangible results (interviews, recommendations, etc.) But she's probably just telling you up front not to expect anything much to come out of it.

rad lulz

Postby rad lulz » Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:23 pm

romothesavior wrote:
rad lulz wrote:Srs poast

Probably means her firm is not hiring

Also you shouldn't expect job offers to come out of those types of meeting anyway

I got a great idea: instead of us wildly speculating, maybe she will tell you in person what she is referring to

I agree with all of this, though once in a while these meetings do wind up producing tangible results (interviews, recommendations, etc.) But she's probably just telling you up front not to expect anything much to come out of it.

Oh yeah I bet there will be tanglible results like the ones you mentioned above. She definitely doesn't mean she won't help.

If she wanted to say she wouldn't help than she wouldn't have met

6lehderjets

Postby 6lehderjets » Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:35 pm

romothesavior wrote:I agree with all of this, though once in a while these meetings do wind up producing tangible results (interviews, recommendations, etc.) But she's probably just telling you up front not to expect anything much to come out of it.

That's what I figured. I just figured I'd get some confirmation from others who have done this type of thing before and may have encountered a similar response. Thanks man.

NanaP

Postby NanaP » Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:07 pm

rad lulz wrote:
schweitziro wrote:
NanaP wrote:

Ouch...a bit harsh

That was a joke

Literally one poast later I gave the srs advice

LOL my bad....although OP seems to not have gotten your joke...

Return to “Legal Employment”