Firm information for interviews

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Firm information for interviews

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:07 am

What information should we (as people going into OCI/EIW) be looking for about firms? Obviously their strongest practice areas, recent successes, culture etc ... more concretely though, what info could you reference that would make an employer both realize you've done your homework regarding their firm and are very interested in working there, without awkwardly listing stuff you read on a webpage?

Any insight from people who've gone through OCI would be really helpful as I'm having a hard time thinking of how to relate my own experiences to what the firm might want without it coming across as ridiculously contrived/pretentious. On a related note how do you really show interest in X firm over others (presumably you will have done minor research on all of them), besides saying "hey I bid you guys #1".

Thanks guys

Return to “Legal Employment”