Too many mass emails?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Too many mass emails?

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:49 pm

I've been sending semi-generic (I personalize them based on practice group) mass emails to partners to set up coffee meetings. How many of these emails should I be sending to one firm?

I'm just assuming partners talk in passing ("this law student emailed me to get coffee", "weird, he emailed me the same thing too!"), and if I send the same email to 3-4 partners, it may be detrimental to my goal.
Last edited by Anonymous User on Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ManOfTheMinute

Re: Too many mass emails?

Postby ManOfTheMinute » Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:50 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I've been sending semi-generic (I personalize them based on practice group) mass emails to partners to set up coffee meetings. How many of these emails should I be sending to one firm?

I'm just assuming partners talk, and if I send the same email to 3-4 partners, it may be detrimental to my goal.

I really doubt partners care enough to discuss this amongst eachother

stillwater

Postby stillwater » Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:53 pm

ManOfTheMinute wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I've been sending semi-generic (I personalize them based on practice group) mass emails to partners to set up coffee meetings. How many of these emails should I be sending to one firm?

I'm just assuming partners talk, and if I send the same email to 3-4 partners, it may be detrimental to my goal.

yea. esp about you dude

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:53 pm

ManOfTheMinute wrote:

That's kinda what i'm thinking, but i wanted to make sure to avoid crossing into "telemarketer" status

Postby 20160810 » Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:58 pm

Attach pics to the emails, ideally mirror selfies.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:04 pm

Edit

Return to “Legal Employment”