USC/UCLA Transfer Bidlist

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

USC/UCLA Transfer Bidlist

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:34 pm

GW to USC/UCLA transfer student. GW GPA is a 3.52 which is the top 16-35%. Some connection to SoCal and solely targeting LA/OC in OCI. Looking to maximize bids and chance at a summer associate position. 30% pre-select, 70% lottery.

Edit: took down list for editing. Thanks for the advice.
Last edited by Anonymous User on Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Re: USC/UCLA Transfer Bidlist

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:07 am

I'm a USC/UCLA transfer. Last summer, just FYI, Rutan in OC was absolutely horrendous to the transfers. Really rude, dismissive, and condescending. Bingham & Gibson weren't outright rude but also didn't seem too thrilled about the transfer thing.

You might want to add O'Melveny to your list; they hired transfers last year. Other firms that I know hired transfers: Latham, Sheppard, Nixon Peabody, Paul Hastings, Littler Mendelson, & Mayer Brown. You may want to put those higher on your list. I'd talk to your CSO and see if they have a list of firms that have hired transfers in recent years. My CSO had a list and it was super helpful.

OC firms really care about contacts in OC, so play those up if you have them.

Good luck!

Bruin57

Postby Bruin57 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:57 am

Snell, wilmer hale, mofo, and Alston & bird hired transfers as well. I agree about rutan. They were not interested. I had success with the vault 40-70 firms. They seemed open to transfers.

kbai31790

Postby kbai31790 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:56 pm

I was wondering if OP can post the bidlist again. I have similar stats and did not want to start a new thread. It would be greatly appreciated!

Return to “Legal Employment”