In Person Job Offer

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

In Person Job Offer

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:14 pm

I've had a series of interviews for a position at a firm. First, was a telephone interview. Then in person. At the in person interview, I was informed that they'd arrange second in person interviews within a few weeks. I got a call for a second in person interview within 2 days. I have a feeling this will result in an offer since I was called ahead of the timeline provided. Any thoughts? Has anyone experienced receiving an offer in person? Assuming I want time to consider the offer, how much time can I ask for to consider it?

TooOld4This

Re: In Person Job Offer

Postby TooOld4This » Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:26 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I've had a series of interviews for a position at a firm. First, was a telephone interview. Then in person. At the in person interview, I was informed that they'd arrange second in person interviews within a few weeks. I got a call for a second in person interview within 2 days. I have a feeling this will result in an offer since I was called ahead of the timeline provided. Any thoughts? Has anyone experienced receiving an offer in person? Assuming I want time to consider the offer, how much time can I ask for to consider it?

Not saying you won't get an offer, but I would not read too much into the quick response. This is vacation time and it can be tricky to set up interviews, so "a few weeks" is a standard line to give themselves flexibility in setting something up without you pestering them if they don't get back quickly.

In person offers depend on the firm/employer. Some do them on a regular basis, some never do (in person is the minority). If you do get one, express gratitude and interest and ask when they need a decision by.

rad lulz

Re: In Person Job Offer

Postby rad lulz » Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:29 pm

TooOld4This wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I've had a series of interviews for a position at a firm. First, was a telephone interview. Then in person. At the in person interview, I was informed that they'd arrange second in person interviews within a few weeks. I got a call for a second in person interview within 2 days. I have a feeling this will result in an offer since I was called ahead of the timeline provided. Any thoughts? Has anyone experienced receiving an offer in person? Assuming I want time to consider the offer, how much time can I ask for to consider it?

Not saying you won't get an offer, but I would not read too much into the quick response. This is vacation time and it can be tricky to set up interviews, so "a few weeks" is a standard line to give themselves flexibility in setting something up without you pestering them if they don't get back quickly.

In person offers depend on the firm/employer. Some do them on a regular basis, some never do (in person is the minority). If you do get one, express gratitude and interest and ask when they need a decision by.

Agree w all this

Return to “Legal Employment”